• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things I'd like to see from Honda

Things I'd like to see from Honda

1 I'd love to see Honda develop an inhouse high performance division much like BMW has the M series and MB has AMG. Maybe they could really redefine the "Type R" designation or buy Mugen to offer high performance cars. This would allow an outlet for limited edition, factory supported cars that could go head to head with the likes of the high horsepower monsters from BMW, MB and Ferrari.

2 More support for privateer racing would be great. I'd love to see Honda release a track ready race car that would allow teams to go racing. Honda already has a pretty big following, especially here in the US among the ricer crowd.

3 A Honda support series. It would be a great PR tool. Ferrari and the Viper guys both have racing leagues, it'd be a great way to change the impression that Hondas are just grocery getters. Imagine a realitively cheap, competitive racing series featuring the RSX "type R" (see suggestion 1) and a more expensive division featuring the NSX type R.

I would simply like to see another NSX come out sometime before the year is up...or maybe even the decade. It better have over 350hp too.

I agree with the 450HP! I don't agree with the "half as much" though... The "price as tested" in Motortrend on the upcoming C6 coupe was $50 grand, so the Corvette has gotten pretty expensive in base trim.

The M3 isnt cheap either. Even the current, E46, incarnation hits the bank book at $50k easily, and I hear from my local BMW dealer that the nex incarnation will up the ante...

Honda is in a great position really, because now they know what the "next gen" of the big guys look like. All they have to do is make sure they outperform the base C6, keep the exotic looks, and apply the usual Honda engineering excellence and they will be in a good spot.

The competition has been closing the price gap year by year as the NSX has stayed roughly the same MSRP.

1. Well, in Japan they have Spoon and Mugen, which at one time were both in house Honda tuners. Mugen is in mist of a tax suit, Spoon is going strong but has virtually no NSX aftermarket support. Unfortunately in the U.S. we have nothing.

2. IMHO, all the "Type R" cars released over the years are track ready cars. Just put in a rollcage and battery kill and they are ready to be raced. Again, unfortunately for the US, all we've had is the Integra Type R.

3. It is unlikely that Honda would ever sponsor any grassroots events but wouldn't it be great if they were to sponsor something like the NSXPO or the Honda Challenge (http://www.honda-challenge.com)?

Re: Re: Things I'd like to see from Honda

fangtl said:
2. IMHO, all the "Type R" cars released over the years are track ready cars. Just put in a rollcage and battery kill and they are ready to be raced. Again, unfortunately for the US, all we've had is the Integra Type R.

No CIVIC type R in USA?

Some things HONDA should change for us Europeen people...
1/ Japanese support for the Europeen races. (DTM, ProCar, TOCA,...) Honda Europe doesn't have the knowledge and capacity to support good house-teams.
2/ Better commercial program for the dealers. Meaning 21% discount on cars from all other dealernetworks is normal, HONDA dealers only have 6 to 10 % profit, so unable to give 21% discount. Sales of Honda are really low here...
3/ Change the looks of the CIVIC. I know it's a personal opinion, but this opinion is followed by a lot of old CIVIC drivers. (92 and 96 -coupe was the best looking)

One thing I hope Honda won't do is slap on a turbocharger in the next-generation NSX. Gosh, I would lose all faith in Honda if they were to do that.

fangtl said:
I always thought the sponsors were individual dealerships
In addition to the sponsorship by American Honda for NSXPO every year since 1998, individual dealerships provided support of various sorts most years as well. Particularly noteworthy were the contributions and efforts by Acura of Brookfield (Milwaukee) at NSXPO 2001, Goodson Acura (Dallas) at NSXPO 2002, and Niello Acura (Sacramento) at NSXPO 2003.

Lazarus said:
One thing I hope Honda won't do is slap on a turbocharger in the next-generation NSX. Gosh, I would lose all faith in Honda if they were to do that.
I couldn't agree more. Keep it NA and if the FI gurus out there gotta have it then they can take their chances on a system that is worth something.

Back