• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of buying a Scion Xb (Toyota Echo Platform) Opinions please!

I am looking for a commuter car that has lots of cargo room. The Scion Xb will be $14,000 brand new. Anyone ever drive, see or know anything in particular about these cars? For the money and cargo room, I can't think of anything else to get.

Opinions please!

Lots of them here in CA. IMO a great commuter car and there is tons of storage inside. I see lots of them with big wheels and graphics. I would probably get an Element instead if I needed something like that.

A kid just transfered here from our California office. He has one. It looks like a box on wheels. I know alot of cars now do, but this one is rediculous. He's got the clear tailights on it, so you know it's cool and fast.

I saw one parked out in Atlantis hotel's parking lot this past Christmas break when my family and I was on a ski/snowboard trip. It looks uh... different.

I've never driven one, but have seen a few on the streets, several up close.

Are you looking for a new vehicle? If not, how about a used CR-V or Rav-4 or other cute-ute. If you need something that looks different, you should be able to pick up a used Element for about $2000 more. I wonder what depreciation will be like on the Scions.

Can you deal with the center-mounted gauges? Their site states "The xB is all about attitude. The question is, how much can you handle?" Apparently, I can't handle enough.

Maybe the xB Release Series 1.0 is the one to get. It's the orangest car in the history of cars (their words, not mine) complete with orange cupholder lighting.

Last edited:
vehicle_photo_top1.jpg

Ojas said:

Can you deal with the center-mounted gauges? Their site states "The xB is all about attitude. The question is, how much can you handle?" Apparently, I can't handle enough.

Maybe the xB Release Series 1.0 is the one to get. It's the orangest car in the history of cars (their words, not mine) complete with orange cupholder lighting.

I am not necessarily looking far a brand new vehicle, just one in the 15K range. I would prefer either new/demo. I commute 140 miles a day 4x a week, so gas mileage is a key factor.

If I get one, it will DEFINITELY be the "Orangest" model! I have looked at the Element, but the flat black body cladding is not my cup of tea. If the Element were fully painted like the Scion, I would probably lean towards the Honda.

As far as attitude, I definitely like the car a LOT. I like the box on wheels utilitarian look, but with just a hint of rice! The stark contrast to most everything else on the road is what I like best.

White92 said:
A kid just transfered here from our California office. He has one. It looks like a box on wheels. I know alot of cars now do, but this one is rediculous. He's got the clear tailights on it, so you know it's cool and fast.

Just wait until I add the strut tie-bar and big exhaust tip, then I will be running 10's!

Joel said:
I read they're fun to drive. That's all that really matters anyway. Go for it.

Exactly!

Back