• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This broke my heart SANDY

Saw this @ work today @ the Rockaways
428D2166-F846-4B91-AEEA-598B41268CC7-2234-000002306EB40FAF.jpg

76BB6501-BE3A-4E2A-B0DD-DF8148D5014F-2234-000002309F0E13F0.jpg

037D438E-C4F0-4C92-BFBE-1623533655F7-2234-00000230C2D4FD5B.jpg

Oh no... flooded? Written off? Did you get a VIN?

:( :( :(

it is the only NSX i am aware of. A few people on LI that i know including myself were all able to save their cars.

unfortunately houses werent... thankfully I only know of one person on prime that is unable to live in his house. the rest seem to have been spared the devistation

Feel bad for this one. I did get a few disgusting drops of roof juice on my car in the garage. At one point I was wondering if that aging roof would even hold up to the wind.

Hey look at the bright side: the wheels on this one are still good and the price of every other nsx just went up 0.0008%.

I've encountered many flooded cars these past two weeks brand new some of them all flooded in saltwater. These cars aren't even going to make it to auction my friends brother owns a salvage yard and the city of NY contracted him to take 1000 cars. The question is will the aluminium hold up against the salt water after being submerged in it ?

I was already looking at it. if it comes up for auction I will get it.

but man am I sick Of red cars have one being delivered monday.

cant I get a LBBP soon LOL

I will save any NSX i get my hands on.

try and keep the prices on an even playing field :wink:

any NSX can be fixed

but saltwater man I dont know
Didnt JOE in the panhandle get one with saltwater damage? the one he wrapped the whole car in BLUE CF wrap?
that engine was toast

Last edited:
If it's salt you could be in for a lot of issues.
Best ding would be to have the car cleaned or at least rinsed asap.
Oxide corrosion isn't a nice thing certainly not on the body or fused bolts.

Wiring and all electrics will be toast interior carpets too hopefully you can get to the leather etc quick enough.
main parts you'd hope for to be fine are the mechanical ones off course a full overhaul is required, any one know how high the water got?

Last edited:
Best thing is to submerge it in fresh water again with a salt neutralizer several times before it has had time to dry, as a rinse and go from there.
It has been done to aircraft before but ANY magnesium bits are toast.

Cheers
nigel

It is best that car gets written off, and sold for parts. Each part can be cleaned individually. Depending on the water height, the engine should be salvageable, Trans-axle may have water in via the vent.
I would hate for some back yard guy that knows nothing about NSXs get this, clean it and sell it to a unsuspecting buyer. It has been known to happen before.

it is the only NSX i am aware of. A few people on LI that i know including myself were all able to save their cars.

unfortunately houses werent... thankfully I only know of one person on prime that is unable to live in his house. the rest seem to have been spared the devistation

Whats up mike we met @ englishtown last Septemper

Most places where flooding occured....it was nasty flooding. Plus everything will have that nasty salty mud stench.

Please go back and get VIN. This is one that probably should not see the road again (I would not trust wiring harnesses, electronics, etc)...though many parts from it will be salvageable to see a new life in/on another car.

Back