• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Hi guys,

I’ve been very fortunate in the past year to have my design path make the rounds through various sponsors, web forums, and managed to reach groups well outside of the normal automotive demographic. Through these channels I’ve managed to capture more sponsorships, media coverage, and opportunities than I had imagined back when taking the huge risk in making my NSX into a themed vehicle.

As some of you know, I have always struggled in that fine line between clean build, fun car, and show car, and I still continue to struggle. It’s definitely a show car, but the type of show differs and the traditional car show categories just don’t exist for the direction I have taken. Many of those who do theme builds or the Itasha JDM style understand that all too well. At the end of the day, you end up with a really cool car loved by the fans, but you will almost never actually place in a car show because of the non traditional build path. With that being said, here are some photos I am very happy to be a part of around the Internet.

9f6b1c229b6e415ce401c0b45c552dbc.png

220ffce800a6b3b745fbae867e60fe0d.png

7b5f88bd5f223941f8cd93de531ac324.png

9457b665aeb847e24f5e9879f91f8ff4.png

5fa16e871456d08e0b089f4283150a1d.png

289846ecc2a66c2d74b353edd3ef5975.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I've watched that video at least 10 times (trying to pass the time until I go pick mine up next month) and had no idea that was yours. I'm about to go back through this page by page. I love the way you strayed from the norm but still kept it classy.

I've watched that video at least 10 times (trying to pass the time until I go pick mine up next month) and had no idea that was yours. I'm about to go back through this page by page. I love the way you strayed from the norm but still kept it classy.

Thank you Walt. I have to admit I’ve been lacking severely on my build updates and documentation. I had planned to write so much more as I once did on this forum. But the modern era of FB groups and IG kind of took over. Thank you for your kind words. Also congrats on your purchase!

Meanwhile, one of my goals has come to maturity as I finally made it into a car magazine. The PASMAG issue will be available on shelves by October 10th I believe.

64858ca02eed11dcb419ce8d549d6c89.jpg
3ce1d6e9a617015b9900c5b62533eacc.jpg
0a2229ab20cb67d36cefe462c0ed9ef8.jpg
166617ccc9010301a2eb284779cd11fa.jpg

Congratulations Jhae, almost every car kids' dream and certainly most of us as NSX owners. [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1303]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Congratulations Jhae!

I finally read the article the other day even though I picked up the magazine a while back now. Fun read!

Hi Teej,

Great build thread and really like what Ive seen so far ... I’m looking for new rims for my 98T and these look very close to what I’d like but with the rears tucked in a little more for my liking ...

WHat brand are they please? And what sizes, I presume a 17/18 mix? Are you using any spacers?

Thanks and I’m looking forward to rest of the thread ...

Regards, Paul

Last edited:
Hi Teej,

WHat brand are they please? And what sizes, I presume a 17/18 mix? Are you using any spacers?

Thanks and I’m looking forward to rest of the thread ...

Regards, Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the kind words. These are two wheel sets ago. They are 18/19 BC Forged. No spacers and very aggressive concave rear RS41, my custom order fitment requires larger rotors so the brake caliper can clear the concave spokes. The fronts weren’t concave but could have been.

18x8.5 and 19x10 exact offsets I don’t remember but I believe both were in the mid 20’s.

Hi Again ...

So there I was enjoying the build when wham, I get to the incident with the SUV and thought the build at be over!

Thankfully you’re were unhurt and the NSX was repairable ... build 1 must rank as one of the best NA1’s ... the stance, the details, the red under black just worked so well together ... excellent vision

One of my favourite photos that you posted ...

Build 2 I would never have thought of or known where/how to start, let alone be able to pull it with such total conviction to the theme ... and those seats are amazing, how have they been to live with?

As the agent for those BBK, will they fit under OEM 17’s? If no then I’ll likely go the Stoptech route.

My own build has been far more conservative to date, but as my NSX turns 20, maybe its time to give it a fresh look too ...

Thanks for posting, build1 has my vote, but most of all its great to see an owner not worrying about resale, driving in in the rain, tracking but actually enjoying this great car. Good Health to continue enjoying!

Regards, Paul

Attachments

• 7CFEF1AD-BD88-4BEC-A53F-5EB4F7BA6D75.jpg
    7CFEF1AD-BD88-4BEC-A53F-5EB4F7BA6D75.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 344
Happy New Year's.

For 2019, I am going to pursue another SEMA campaign and therefore, will be removing the wrap soon and assembling a parts list and plan for the next phase of this build. It's crazy going over this thread and seeing the different phases of my NSX, each still mostly maintaining stock body components. Right now I am trying to decide if i want to go with wider fenders overall, possibly a wide body kit, or portions of different kits put together. As I surf the internet, I am always finding stuff that was available years ago, but no longer available now. That is too bad.

Well, again, happy new year, and we will see what 2019 holds. I will try to stay more updated on this thread instead of posting everything to instagram.

do you remember the surgeon from the west coast who was documenting his custom sema build a few years ago...he dropped off prime but his car was interesting...

do you remember the surgeon from the west coast who was documenting his custom sema build a few years ago...he dropped off prime but his car was interesting...

I don't. Ill be honest that before I moved to Arizona, I had never heard of SEMA, or if I had, I don't remember paying any attention to it.

Back