• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This NSX Review Might Make You See Red...

tof

Experienced Member
Sam Smith's review of the original NSX will make you want to shake your fist in his face...for about fifteen paragraphs. (Don't worry, half of them amount to no more than single sentence.) But hang in there and try to keep your blood pressure under control. Most of you will catch yourselves nodding your heads in agreement before you finish Smith's review.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...rst-nsx-was-good-only-because-it-wasnt-great/

You're so right, I wanted to slap him, but agree with the conclusions, you gotta have one and don't want the new one.

I didn't find it that bad at all as he did openly admit he had a very brief experience with the vehicle. I do agree with him on that the NSX sure does feel and act like a normal car in street driving, imho that's a success. Most exotics are a PITA to drive on the street. However, if he were to have extended time on the track with the NSX the review may have a different outcome.

Just read the whole thing...and I think what he experienced is enlightening. He drove it on the street for a brief period, wasn't impressed, but yet, he couldn't get the car out of his head, and by the end, admitted that he wanted one.

That's the "bug" that people get bitten by. He spent a LOT of time after his initial drive thinking about what it would be like to own one. His conclusion...it isn't a 458 Italia or Aventador, but it isn't going to cost like one, either, and you can still have plenty of fun with it and it's capabilities on the track without hating the way it is on the way TO the track.

Mind blowing? No.
Plenty of enjoyment without nearly as much headache? Absolutely!

The additional conclusion in the review that really spoke to me was that you could DRIVE the NSX, even enjoy it daily without worries. Not the case with most exotics from then or now. (Unless you consider 911s exotic)

I frankly find this article quite accurate. This car is nimble/tactile and engages ALL the driving senses without abusing any one of them.

After reading the article in its entirety, I felt the author was candid, well spoken and insightful. I also felt his identifying factor as to why we prefer the NSX was spot-on.
Thanks for sharing.

I was OK with it. Like I tell everyone at the local cars and coffee (and it always has a crowd around it) "it's a supercar with no bad habits". How many cars can you say that about? A lot of younger guys compare it to the 370Z which I thought was interesting.

I think they hired the wrong man to review cars. Even after his redemption comments. He just doesn't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the nsx is a drivers car. He is clearly not a driver as describing our clunky gearbox. He is a car guy, a leg lover. Not a fighter. So I guess he belongs at car and driver. But only to sell cars, not drive them.:tongue:

Back