• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This ONE bolt is ruining my life!

OK, zip cut it like this - so you will not hit the center hub or rotor.

Attachments

• zishanfix.JPG
    zishanfix.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 162
Thanks guys, the bolt is finally off!!!

What I did is what Angus suggested above. But then my dremel got really hot and stopped working!!? Over heated? So then I took a hammer and nail and started hitting the edge of the bolt to separate it from the spacer since there was such a large cut right down the middle. I kept doing this and then half the bolt fell out. The other half wouldn't budge. So I took the nail and hammered it down at an angle to "unscrew" it. It slowly started turning and fell out as well.

Lesson learned. Next on my to buy list is a compressor for my garage! :redface:

As I got up from sitting on the garage floor for over an hour, I managed to knock over my garbage can and now my garage is literally trashed. Just my luck. :smile:

Thanks again Angus!
- Zishan

attachment.php

attachment.php

Glad to see you got it, didn't realize you did not have an angle grinder, it would have been even easier than with a dremel...

Is the spacer trashed?

Yes, I'm just a weekend wrencher, with basic tools. Compressor is now high on my to-do list. Considering how much I fiddle around with cars, it seems like a smart choice.

The spacer isn't completely trashed, but I would not use it, nor recommend someone using it. It has a number of bruises from my frustration and inaccurate hammering. :biggrin:

One good spacer....wonder if I can order just one spacer.... :redface:

Yes, I'm just a weekend wrencher, with basic tools. Compressor is now high on my to-do list. Considering how much I fiddle around with cars, it seems like a smart choice.

The spacer isn't completely trashed, but I would not use it, nor recommend someone using it. It has a number of bruises from my frustration and inaccurate hammering. :biggrin:

One good spacer....wonder if I can order just one spacer.... :redface:

Do NOT buy an oil-free compressor. Everyone, everything and especially your ears will hate you for it.

Back