• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This Would Make Me Pull the Trigger... And I Wonder How Many Others, Too?

https://carbuzz.com/news/acura-nsx-s...coming-in-2021

Yes, yes, I know that the rumors of various iterations of the NSX have been around since before the 2nd gen was even released. Type R doesn't interest me personally (I'm not going to track it anyway, so why pay for even MORE performance and potentially loss of creature comforts), but a convertible (preferably a true convertible, not just a t-top) definitely does.

The question, and they have certainly asked themselves this in Torrance, is what kind of monthly sales volume they could get up to after paying for all the R&D a convertible would demand?

https://carbuzz.com/news/acura-nsx-s...coming-in-2021

Yes, yes, I know that the rumors of various iterations of the NSX have been around since before the 2nd gen was even released. Type R doesn't interest me personally (I'm not going to track it anyway, so why pay for even MORE performance and potentially loss of creature comforts), but a convertible (preferably a true convertible, not just a t-top) definitely does.

The question, and they have certainly asked themselves this in Torrance, is what kind of monthly sales volume they could get up to after paying for all the R&D a convertible would demand?

the problem with the nsx making a spyder is it would cost a lot more to build then the hardtop and as of right now the new nsx are not selling.

I'd trade mine in for a spyder in a second. No interest in Type R version.

Not going to happen... even if by some chance it did don't think it would save this car, not to mention if you thought a hardtop was expensive...

MC

Not going to happen... even if by some chance it did don't think it would save this car, not to mention if you thought a hardtop was expensive...

MC

The dreamers will always dream.

What happened to all those who said they would buy one if it was around $125k. Not seeing that happen either. In a few months low mileage used ones will be selling for close to $100k, and the same thing will be said; “Build a Spyder and I’ll buy one.”

Not sure if that was directed at me, DocL, but I'm not interested in a used car. So $125k new, sure, but the issue isn't the PRICE it's the perceived VALUE. I could drop $200k on a car, but just don't think the NSX is worth it to me. If they made it a convertible and it was $200k, that might just do the trick, though...

Not sure if that was directed at me, DocL, but I'm not interested in a used car. So $125k new, sure, but the issue isn't the PRICE it's the perceived VALUE. I could drop $200k on a car, but just don't think the NSX is worth it to me. If they made it a convertible and it was $200k, that might just do the trick, though...

It's not who can afford what, it's exactly as you said: Perceived value.

It's obvious that the NSX doesn't exhibit a value worth it to someone to plunk down $200k for the car. Also, you'd be nuts to buy a new one given the poor sales to date. The cars in the $200k price range are not where the NSX competes. If it was, you would have bought one a long time ago.

It's not who can afford what, it's exactly as you said: Perceived value.

It's obvious that the NSX doesn't exhibit a value worth it to someone to plunk down $200k for the car. Also, you'd be nuts to buy a new one given the poor sales to date. The cars in the $200k price range are not where the NSX competes. If it was, you would have bought one a long time ago.

Back