• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thom Camber Kit and Remedies for not enough rear camber...

Hey All,

Recently I have been setting the car up for track but when I went to get my alignment I was advise that the max negative camber I can get in the rear is only at neg 1.4 in the rear...

At first I was puzzled than after some research I was advised that the previous owner had put on the Thoms Rear Camber Kit...

My question is to revert this back to stock what part will I need?

The previous owner didnt no leave me with the stock part and I am not too familiar with the car just yet...

Can you please shed some light on this issue?

P.S I was shooting for about neg 2.2 ish in the rear so I am not THAT much off...

Thanks in advanced...

Call Ramon and Niguel Motors in Laguna Niguel....he had done a dozen of Thom's and would have the knowledge to put it back to stock.

I don't think this kit has a go back to stock option. The upper control arm bushings are scraped out. I remember someone told me once that Comptech makes bushings which can be pressed back in there.

You can revert to stock. You just need the OEM parts.....they consist of 2 bearings per side. If Ramon has done a few, he may have the OEM parts from one of the installs. They will have to be pressed in.....not an easy DIY garage deal.

Another option would be to sell your control arms with the camber kit for someones control arms with the OEM bearings...i.e. swap. Just a thought

Good luck,
- Z

Hey All,

Recently I have been setting the car up for track but when I went to get my alignment I was advise that the max negative camber I can get in the rear is only at neg 1.4 in the rear...

At first I was puzzled than after some research I was advised that the previous owner had put on the Thoms Rear Camber Kit...

My question is to revert this back to stock what part will I need?

The previous owner didnt no leave me with the stock part and I am not too familiar with the car just yet...

Can you please shed some light on this issue?

P.S I was shooting for about neg 2.2 ish in the rear so I am not THAT much off...

Thanks in advanced...

Complete BS. Even the STOCK settings and recommendations for rear camber is between 1-2 degrees, so saying 1.4 is the max is wrong.

Here are my specs:
http://www.sc-customs.com/storage/NSX/NSX_Alignment.jpg

I don't think this kit has a go back to stock option. The upper control arm bushings are scraped out. I remember someone told me once that Comptech makes bushings which can be pressed back in there.

Oh man thats not good to hear...

I have to check with Ramon and see what the options are been too busy to give him a call...

Thanks again all...

Jeff

Hi Guys,

I have talked to Ramon and I believe I would either have to source new control arms or I would have to swap out with another member who would like this kit...

If anyone is interested please contact me...

Thanks again for all the info on this kit...

Hi Guys,

I have talked to Ramon and I believe I would either have to source new control arms or I would have to swap out with another member who would like this kit...

If anyone is interested please contact me...

Thanks again for all the info on this kit...

Hey all just wondering I know its impossible to go back to OEM with Thoms kit but is it possible to swap to another camber kit that may give me more camber?

Any ideas? Thanks?

Jeff

Hey all just wondering I know its impossible to go back to OEM with Thoms kit but is it possible to swap to another camber kit that may give me more camber?

Any ideas? Thanks?

Jeff

In short, the answer is no. There is another vendor that offers a camber kit, but I can't recommend it, because I don't care for the vendor.

I would buy a pair of rear upper control arms off a wrecked/parted NSX, swap them out, and be done with it. Just my 2 cents.

Back