• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thought give it a try- 02 conversion

Any view from behind. Did you change the taillamps? We need to conduct an NSX gathering here.

Wow beautiful! very nicely done. Hottest NSX in Brunei!! :cool: sorry JIN, your Blue 02 is cool too.. :biggrin:
Are those stacy sideskirt? Like the paint job, very nice headlights and wheels...
and that front lip are as nice as angelina Jolie lip..:biggrin:
Damn, must check it out in person..

Yeah, its stacy's. Had it for quite awhile. At last! Got time to put them together!
LOL... I got another of 'angelina's' lips in CF. I think that might make the car looks lower.

Ismail

I love the color, good choice with the white headlight housing. Did you cut the headlight bucket or remove the low beam adjuster?

Chris
Thanks Chris. And thanks for all the help(PMs and all) :smile: Thread on your conversion helps alot, should be a sticky.
For the bucket. I did ending up cutting. The decision was as stressful as deciding between 2 colors! Good thing I kept the adjuster, 1st day out. The headlight was blinding incoming traffic. I might try to find the control module to control the height adjustment electrically. Socket's there. By any chance you know of the parts?
adjuster.jpg

Any view from behind. Did you change the taillamps? We need to conduct an NSX gathering here.
Don't really have a proper rear picture. maybe just this
rearside.jpg

Yeah, we could meet up. All of us seem to know one another but never met...

:eek: it's like having a brand new car! beautiful!
Yeah, actually it felt like having a different NSX. Rides a bit stiffer as well :redface: but still reasonable.

Last edited:
I wander about the same thing too. Did you get the lamp from US or Japan? US one has the higher level to the right. Btw the car looks complete already.
For the bucket. I did ending up cutting. The decision was as stressful as deciding between 2 colors! Good thing I kept the adjuster, 1st day out. The headlight was blinding incoming traffic. I might try to find the control module to control the height adjustment electrically. Socket's there. By any chance you know of the parts?
adjuster.jpg

I wander about the same thing too. Did you get the lamp from US or Japan? US one has the higher level to the right. Btw the car looks complete already.

Headlight from Japan. I've seen the US lights, are they not the same other then the beam pattern :confused:
Couple more items to be install then its pretty much there... for now

OMG this picture is perfect! Do you have a high res version since I'm going to replace my R8 picture with this one!
PMed link. Would have more good pictures if I just know how to use my camera better :redface:
... or even a nice red Bride seats to take pictures of :biggrin:(beautiful seats !)

Came back from work. Tried night shots. Beginning to like using the DSLR, had it for 3years already but just starting to experiment with it.
IMG_3184.jpg

A bit dark....
frontnite.jpg

... and dirty windshield:redface:
Another rear shot
rear2.jpg

Last edited:
Must admit the picture Lazarus post couple of years ago got to me :biggrin::wink:
001.jpg

I remember Lazarus, he is the few NSXer that i met when i first got my NSX. But unfortunately he sold his NSX and if i remember correctly he went back to Canada. I haven't heard from him for long long time!

Your car look amazing and the white pearl color is one of the best for the NSX.

Keno

Couple of work in progress pictures I took during the conversion process

Front bumper fitting
DSC01590.jpg

New DF 02 rear
DSC01630.jpg

New headlight wiring
DSC01667.jpg

Sanding down...
IMG_2810.jpg

Headlight picture before shipped out of Japan
DSCN0219.jpg

Headlight before shipped from Clearcorner -during 'burn in'
Ismailheadlight.jpg

Test fit and reinstallation after repaint
DSC01678.jpg

Last edited:
I was curious on your front spare tire compartment and your engine compartment, going from red to white. They seem black like Flat. Did you have the engine and the front compnents removed or was it prayed around the items. I have seen this done before but was an incomplete job.

Nice job by the way.

g-

I was curious on your front spare tire compartment and your engine compartment, going from red to white. They seem black like Flat. Did you have the engine and the front compnents removed or was it prayed around the items. I have seen this done before but was an incomplete job.

Nice job by the way.

g-

Yes there are flat black. I don't want them to be body color. Engine and front components were not removed. A pretty decent job in covering the components and spraying around it.

Had to drive to other side of the country for work related event. Don't really like to leave the car outside the hotel for 2 nights. So I left the car in one of the car care centre, let them introduced Zymol to me:biggrin:. Did managed only couple of pictures(point and shoot camera) before I took back the car. I'm pretty please with their job. The owner of the place told me lots of his customers thought its a new NSX:confused: and I did ending up having offers for my car! Any way starting see the what the fuss all about with Zymol:cool:

frontshop.jpg

Right.jpg

left.jpg

Front bay
DSC01781.jpg

Last edited:
amazing! Love the pearl white color, and it looks even more spectacular with the two-tone (black pillars and roof, mirrors, etc). :eek:

Have to say/ I like to say, this is very nice car & nice mods. :smile:
Color seems to be nice as well!

Thanks:smile: much appreciated. I'm glad the color turn out well. As for the choice of mods, hats off to prime members, feedbacks and their NSXs picture makes the decision much easier. And not forgetting all the replies I got from my pestering PMs to prime members:redface: which helped me tons!:cool:

Its like a whole different car! Looks great, loving the colour. So how many pearlescent whites do they do?

WOW! Top 5 on Prime IMO. Love the whole look and those rims look Smokin HOT! :eek::biggrin:

Amazing conversion!

Perfect 10

Thanks! It is you're car which persuade me to do the 02+ conversion- beautiful car. Convinced me enough that the info on this website is more then sufficient to do a proper conversion.

Its like a whole different car! Looks great, loving the colour. So how many pearlescent whites do they do?

You mean Honda for the NSX? I believe its 2 pearlescent whites. Platinum and Neutron.. thats the 2 which caught my eyes anyway:biggrin:

WOW! Top 5 on Prime IMO. Love the whole look and those rims look Smokin HOT! :eek::biggrin:
gratz!
very well done.

Thanks! Still got a bit to go till I'm done.

Good stuff Ismail. How do you like the improvement from the 1st gen to 2nd gen headlights, should be like night and day.

Car looks very pretty. I've always liked white ever since working on Ryan's NSX-R replica.

Congrats, nice to see everything back together! Looks fantastic.

Good stuff Ismail. How do you like the improvement from the 1st gen to 2nd gen headlights, should be like night and day.

Car looks very pretty. I've always liked white ever since working on Ryan's NSX-R replica.

Congrats, nice to see everything back together! Looks fantastic.

It is like day and night! Really like the 02+ NSX-R headlight and your LED makes it even better. Lots of compliment on the headlight/LEDs combination. Finding excuses to drive just before dusk with only the parking light on:biggrin:
Did cross my mind of probably getting another headlight and get it painted black with LEDs....:wink: maybe

Back