• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on NASA in touch with Aliens for years?

Perhaps you that think there is a "cop out" should use your monkey brains to re-read what I posted. Recognizing God simply because you think something will happen in 2012 is not a belief in Him, but one of mayans and pop culture...

:mad:

Uh...so because I recognize that i don't have any control over the issue (or, if there is even an issue at all), you call that a cop out?

Fail. :cool:

Yes, I do call it a cop out... A prediction is just that... a prediction. The prediction is that the world is coming to an end on 12/21/2012. Suddenly, you introduce the fact that there may be a "delay" for whatever reason.

So how long is the delay? 1 day? 1 month? 1 year? Indefinite extension until the world DOES come to an end? Then the prophecy is suddenly true?

Cop out.

"Other passions besides self-esteem are common sources of error; of these perhaps the most important is fear. Fear sometimes operates directly, by inventing rumors of disaster in wartime, or by imagining objects of terror, such as ghosts; sometimes it operates indirectly, by creating belief in something comforting, such as the elixir of life, or heaven for ourselves and hell for our enemies. Fear has many forms--fear of death, fear of the dark, fear of the unknown, fear of the herd, and that vague generalized fear that comes to those who conceal from themselves their more specific terrors. Until you have admitted your own fears to yourself, and have guarded yourself by a difficult effort of will against their myth-making power, you cannot hope to think truly about many matters of great importance, especially those with which religious beliefs are concerned. Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom, in the pursuit of truth as in the endeavor after a worthy manner of life." - Bertrand Russell

I quote Russell not because I think he's some kind of authority, but rather because I think he expressed this very well.

2010 is the year that aliens will become broadly known to the world.

This is a clear, declarative statement. If it does not come to pass, and you try to modify it with some sort of "God's plan" mumbo-jumbo, then you are copping-out -- whether you can admit that to yourself or not.

On the other hand, if you post a "mea culpa" in 2011, you can consider yourself at least intellectually honest.

Please note that if aliens *do* reveal themselves in 2010, I will be on the board as soon as our alien overlords allow posting my own mea culpa.

Yes, I do call it a cop out... A prediction is just that... a prediction. The prediction is that the world is coming to an end on 12/21/2012. Suddenly, you introduce the fact that there may be a "delay" for whatever reason.

So how long is the delay? 1 day? 1 month? 1 year? Indefinite extension until the world DOES come to an end? Then the prophecy is suddenly true?

Cop out.

I never made a prediction about the date 2012 now did I?

As for predictions -- first, I'm not Nostradamus. Second, free will does exist which means that nothing is set in stone, so to speak.

Talk to Larry Ellison if you want an NSX oracle; I'm not interested in arguing these matters with you.

Second, free will does exist which means that nothing is set in stone, so to speak.

I would argue that blind faith removes any potential for free will since it causes persons to act in accordance with that faith including a fear of eternal damnation if their free will be exercised in such a fashion as to displease their god.

If god is the alpha and the omega, the begining and the end, knows what has passed and what is to come, why do people pray and think it will make any difference?

"Other passions besides self-esteem are common sources of error; of these perhaps the most important is fear. Fear sometimes operates directly, by inventing rumors of disaster in wartime, or by imagining objects of terror, such as ghosts; sometimes it operates indirectly, by creating belief in something comforting, such as the elixir of life, or heaven for ourselves and hell for our enemies. Fear has many forms--fear of death, fear of the dark, fear of the unknown, fear of the herd, and that vague generalized fear that comes to those who conceal from themselves their more specific terrors. Until you have admitted your own fears to yourself, and have guarded yourself by a difficult effort of will against their myth-making power, you cannot hope to think truly about many matters of great importance, especially those with which religious beliefs are concerned. Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom, in the pursuit of truth as in the endeavor after a worthy manner of life." - Bertrand Russell

I quote Russell not because I think he's some kind of authority, but rather because I think he expressed this very well.

Very interesting, thank you. :smile:

Of course, the two primary targets of fear are one's own mortality, and one's own ego. (Most killings in this world don't result from any real threat to a person's life, but from fears generated in man's own ego).

You must find it puzzling that I am not concerned with my own ego (read: reputation) as is evidenced by what is obviously strange posting behaviour.

upgrayed
315px-Tesla-coil-discharge.jpg

LOL

You're not the only one with fireworks. :wink: It has taken you a lifetime to learn what I've been "given" in 3 weeks.

Become a real man, Major Stoner. See the Light. Seek that which is Good/Honest/True. And Know that God is your creator, your master, and your savior.

(To everyone else, yeah, this sounds like total nonsense. But to this little fellow, it's the word of God and he knows it.)

This is a clear, declarative statement. If it does not come to pass, and you try to modify it with some sort of "God's plan" mumbo-jumbo, then you are copping-out -- whether you can admit that to yourself or not.

On the other hand, if you post a "mea culpa" in 2011, you can consider yourself at least intellectually honest.

Please note that if aliens *do* reveal themselves in 2010, I will be on the board as soon as our alien overlords allow posting my own mea culpa.

I don't Know how the event will present itself. It won't be "Independence Day" though, as no side benefits from that scenario. My best guess (and it is little more than that...a guess) is that a very very senior official in one of the western governments comes forth with a message of "Yeah, so that whole Roswell incident was true. Your government has lied to you for 60 years, but not now. Not with us. We have communicated with the aliens, and we will let you know what they say. There is nothing to be afraid of. Trust us."

But yeah, I can be more confident of this event occuring for many reasons. Most importantly, really, is that it is not an event to be determined by mankind's free will.

I reiterate -- I am NOT Nostradamus. If you read my posts with that in mind, you are *entirely* missing the point.

Most religions prophecy the end of the world and then consistently work together to ensure that these prophecies come true.

This is what I am afraid of... I'm not so sure anything is going to happen other than what people *Make* happen... that's the scary part...

And a note, the "WORLD" is not coming to an end by any means, it will always be here in one form or another... but that's not to say the people will! ;)

for all you lurkers reading this thread all slackjaw ,rent or download the movie Knowing,Ski has his rock, do you?:frown:

"little green men"

The Sun
sun_euv19.gif

The Grinch
grinch.jpg

The Joker
jim-carrey-joker.jpg

The Mask
theMask.gif

The Green Giant
jolly-green-giant.jpg

The Green Man
green3.gif

The Leprechaun
leprechaun1.jpg

Marvin the Martian (first alien in modern culture before Roswell)
marvin1.jpg

"J.C."
jiminy2.gif

The Green Man is easily traced through the Church as this is where he grew and developed into the anguished soul peering through the foliage as we know him today.

He began life in Britain and countries north of the Alps as a diabolical figure. In Exeter Cathedral he is depicted as being trodden upon by The Virgin, but without knowing the artist’s motives we can only guess at what he was trying to portray. Perhaps it is the triumph of Christianity over paganism or the triumph of ‘higher’ man over his animal nature. The Green Man has also been portrayed as the three-headed Satan (Triceps Beelzebub, the Trinity of Evil) which shows evidence of being perpetuated in Scandinavia but is comparatively rare in Britain. Fifteenth century examples of the unholy Trinity can be found in the Green Man’s portrayal as a devil in Chester Cathedral and as a crowned tricephalos at Cartmel Priory, Cumbria.

We can only guess at the reasons why the Church adopted the Green Man and in what context their architects meant him to be portrayed. In more recent centuries he has captured the public imagination. However, as artists and pagans alike continue with their fascination with the Green Man it seems that we haven’t outgrown him yet nor completely forgotten that we are, like him, enmeshed with our natural surroundings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlLN_Jcg1pc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlLN_Jcg1pc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X-RPWhigpQg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X-RPWhigpQg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
No one would have believed in the last years of the [twentieth] century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us. And early in the [twenty-first] century came the great disillusionment.

Speaking of proof of aliens, why has crop circles not been brought up yet? In the huge alien craze of the 90's, crop circles were used as near definite proof by alien advocates that aliens exist. They reasoned that it was impossible for humans to make such intricate designs from the ground in such a short period of time. I mean these people believed it down to their very core. Yet when people came out to publically revealed that they had created these circles and even showed/explained how they did them, why wasn't there a huge mea culpa on the alien advocate side, as well as a change in belief of these people? It just goes to show that people will believe in what they want to believe despite actual definitive physical proof saying otherwise being thrown right squarely on their forehead.

Alien Advocate: Aliens exist. Crop circles prove it. I stake my whole belief in aliens based on that.

Non-believer: Ok, well two British fellows have admitted to creating the crop circles and even showed how they did it. Not to mention the several organizations that are dedicated to creating crop circles and have shown how circles thought "unfakable" can actually be done. That pretty much refutes your "proof" that aliens exist.

Alien Advocate: [pause] Aliens exist.

Speaking of proof of aliens, why has crop circles not been brought up yet?

Yes, the Major posted this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cy9xXo-T6_Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cy9xXo-T6_Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And Flaminio posted these:

goog_e.gif

hgwells09.gif

HTH :tongue:

Yes, the Major posted this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cy9xXo-T6_Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cy9xXo-T6_Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HTH :tongue:

Actually this was a hoax... some guys did it with CGI...

In other news, we have been on mars since the 50's:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/embedLink/93DF6132B55243C8A8C5C4BF74458E75/123959/mars-landing.aspx

And another interesting story:

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2009/08/investigator-claims-he-touched-crop.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wuPII-4cn3E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wuPII-4cn3E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
EA Sports- "Go for the Gold!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-imN9RiFVns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-imN9RiFVns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back