• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time for a clarification?

The owner of this site could maybe clarify something for my understanding: Are the forums under "Main NSX message forums" (suchs as detailing or track talk) also for non-NSX-topics?

Background: I posted this one in a thread of "track talk etc." regarding a F 1 discussion:

Just a question: Why do we have 3 or more threads (e.g. here or here ) about the some topic (at least 2 of them in the "off topic" forum) - and this one apparently not in the right forum ("Main NSX Message Forums (stay on topic)") as no NSX runs in F1

As such things happens more and more here (in this case even by a marketplace moderator!): Are the forum rules obsolete now or am I just too sensitive?

Another member answered this:

Russ said:
In response to NSX-Racer: This thread falls squarely under the "Track Talk and Race Reports - All forms of racing and high-performance driving plus professional racing results" topic heading. NSX-Racer's post is off-topic. Complaints about posting should be posted in the "NSX Prime Website News & Discussion - Website news, help, questions/suggestions/complaints, test posts, buyer/seller feedback" topic heading. At a minimum, such comments should be posted to the allegedly offending threads (posted under the wrong topic heading) - and not posted to threads which are in the appropriate forum.

Of course he's right that I should have posted my question in another forum. But: Is it really true, Lud, that "all forms of racing etc." means also non-NSX topics? It was at least my understanding that it doesn't mean that - but I could also be wrong from the beginning of my membership here. Thanks in advance for your help. :smile:

I cannot speak for either of the admins here, but I will tell you that running a forum like this, when its not your full time job, is somewhat trying. I have 3 forums of my own, 1 of them is 2x as busy as Prime, and with 5 moderators and 1 other admin, we, too, often miss threads that are posted in the wrong category/forum. If you're concerned about missing a particular thread because you only visit 1 or 2 different forums, try the search feature, or just use the 'new posts' link like I do. Hopefully one of the admins can give you a better detailed answer.

Thanks,
Dave :)

My fault, it is ambiguous the way it's set up now. I can set it up either way, what do people prefer?

Thanks Lud, I would opt for putting all non NSX topics to the "off topic" section (of course with the exception that others cars can be discussed in relation to the NSX in the "car comparisons" section of the General part).

E.g.: I can't see why we should discuss tires for BMWs or other cars in the tires&wheels section or look at pictures of other cars in the picture gallery - but that would be the case (and it's even already the case!) if the other sections (track talk, detailing) of the main NSX forum are also open for all cars.

People who want to discuss the qualities of a BMW M 3 as a track car (or even have links to the classified section at track talk like here ) have multiple Bimmer forums on the net to do that - why should they do it here? It's at least NSX Prime here and not Car's Prime.

Of course that's just my opinion... :wink:

Last edited:
NSX Prime said:
My fault, it is ambiguous the way it's set up now. I can set it up either way, what do people prefer?

i suggest a poll that is placed place in the multiple, highly trafficked areas for maximum exposure and potential response.

queenlives said:
i suggest a poll that is placed place in the multiple, highly trafficked areas for maximum exposure and potential response.
Good idea! Lud, how about such a poll as a sticky in the "General NSX" discussion? You're the only one who could do that.

Back