• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time for a New Battery

Well - I almost contacted these guys for a lithium battery. 4.6 or 8.4 lbs and they seem made for cars:
http://www.lithiummoto.com/index.html
As I said - back to the stone age for me.
If someone tries this it would be great to hear about it.
Good luck with the antigravity - will this cause the front end to lift?

Haha I don’t think so.
Their re-start feature looks to be very useful. Electronics stop discharge and leave enough juice for 5 starts. Means you never deep discharge and always have a battery ready to start

Just thought I would add to the knowledge base here.

I had an O'reilly Platinum (AGM) Group 35 die today. It was 2 years old and lived 99% its life on an a CTEK charger in my garage. This is the third one in my household that has failed to outlast its warranty period in the last year (the other two being in my daily). It still started the car, but tested at 274CCA @12.5V vs a rated 640.

The group 24F Costco Interstate battery I replaced it with was half the price, has more CCA, works with the tie down better and I actually expect the warranty to be honored.

IMO 24F > 35. Anyone > O'reilly

I'm still using an Odyssey PC925T ($180). It gets charged by a CTEK unit when garaged. Current one is seven years old. Previous one lasted nine years.
H-

Back