• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing Belt Diaster.

thank you all for the support. sorry i have been in the garage for the last however many days....and havent checked in.

i've read the diy write up, its very helpful and concise on proper steps to take for a tbelt job,, however i failed to mark the belt and i've already taken the cams off.. not indenting to perform a tbelt job or reindexing the cams. i just wanted to get to the damn stud and magnet pick up tool i dropped in there...
so the way i see it, damages if any would already have been caused and i am already out top $$$$$, so why not?

but hey, when i was 16 i didnt know how to do an oil change until i did one on my mom's car against her will....although t-belt job on Hondas flagship car is a bit different, same concept i guess.... will keep u all posted.... thanks again

My 2 cents-

This is a doable job. Between the service manual, the DIY and fthuy's advice, you can get this job done correctly. Just take your time and check everything twice. I would strongly recommend that you adjust the valves all the way out, per LarryB's advice, so that if you are off by a tooth, you have a little more safety margin.

You might want to seek out a local Prime member with TB experience, or pay an NSX mechanic, to come over and double check your work before reassembly..
It's a valuable skill to master (TB replacement).
I'm sure you can do it, if you're very careful and double- triple check your work at each step..

All of his posts after this one are about him selling parts off his car. Maybe he met with the worst =(

Back