• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing Belt - Water pump Southern Ontario ?

I haven't had any work done personally since he's too far away from me, but Rob Magro 9054836247 has done a bunch for NSXCC members I believe, and it looks like he's not too far from you.

Last edited:
There is no one in this province I would trust to work on these cars other than Rob. Over my 12 years of ownership of 2 different NSX’s, he is the only one who ever worked on my cars, and he’s never put a wrench wrong.

Been a long while since I posted but still havr my NSX. I've heard nothing but great things about Rob. I'm in Markham so I take the car to Speed Star..thats mostly due to proximity and they're also highly recommended and used. If I were closer to Rob I would take my NSX to him.

I'm going to bet the dealer is a toss up. All the old guys like me who know the original NSX design are probably either service writers or retired. I was suprized how many guys are just hack parts changers who can't diagnose their way out of a paper bag. Yet, these guys are the [HASH=1419]#stealership[/HASH] pride and joy $ makers.

Did THIS thread ever get "sanitized" in the past four hours. :whistle:

Wow.

Met Rob Magro in about 2009. NSX Club of Canada gathering. In Niagara or Toronto, can't recall.
His family, too.
Cindy and I have only positive things to say about him.

Miss you all.Dsc00159.Jpg

Peace. Out.

Attachments

• Dsc00159.Jpg
    Dsc00159.Jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 2
One last question..what can I expect to pay for the water pump and timing belt service in Canadian dollars?

I get the NSX the 1st week of February

Thanks everyone for your help

I do side work. To be honest, I'd charge 1k + parts for the timing belt, tensioner and H20 pump only. Extra if the cam and crank seals (front cam seals are a frigging nightmare) needed replacement. I'd also suggest anyone getting the service to have the valve adjustment done, spark plugs inspected and camshaft end plugs replaced if there is even a hint of oil sweat or seepage. My dealer charged $209 per hour. As I remember, everything above (most common thing I did) was just about 5k. Mind you this was 2007 in the bay area. I bet labor rates are crazy now.

I do side work. To be honest, I'd charge 1k + parts for the timing belt, tensioner and H20 pump only. Extra if the cam and crank seals (front cam seals are a frigging nightmare) needed replacement. I'd also suggest anyone getting the service to have the valve adjustment done, spark plugs inspected and camshaft end plugs replaced if there is even a hint of oil sweat or seepage. My dealer charged $209 per hour. As I remember, everything above (most common thing I did) was just about 5k. Mind you this was 2007 in the bay area. I bet labor rates are crazy now.
Thank you. I sent you a PM to see if our paths crossed in the bay area at a certain time.

Back