• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tint: How do you think this would look?

I plan on getting my windows tinted this week on my 92 forumla red nsx. After looking at the car, i was thinking of tinting the door windows 35% and the rear cabin window glass (the small rectangle one) limo tinted and then leaving the hatch glass untinted. How do you guys think this would look? The reason i wouldn't tint the rear hatch glass is so the exposed engine can be seen. Thoughts and opinions? Pics if any?

Thanks,
Jay

I wouldn't think that would look good at all. I have mine 35% all the way around and its not really that dark where you couldn't see the engine if the cover wasn't there.

Don't have them tint the small cabin glass if you decide to do the back cause you prob wouldn't be able to see.

If you want to see for sure have them do the fronts first and wait til you see how it looks before they start on the back.

Visually, you can do the rear hatch without the sides, and the look isn't too bad. In fact, I have that on mine and I like it a lot, although, as you mentioned, you can't see all the polished stuff under the mesh engine cover.

But tinting the sides without the hatch would look pretty bad in my opinion.

Have you guys had any problems with engine heat and the tinted hatch glass? Just curious.

I plan on getting my windows tinted this week on my 92 forumla red nsx. After looking at the car, i was thinking of tinting the door windows 35% and the rear cabin window glass (the small rectangle one) limo tinted and then leaving the hatch glass untinted. How do you guys think this would look? The reason i wouldn't tint the rear hatch glass is so the exposed engine can be seen. Thoughts and opinions? Pics if any?

Thanks,
Jay

i don';t think you'd be able to see out the back with all that tinting. Just leave the rear partition glass un-tinted. If you tint, try to make everything uniform. Nothing I hate more than a dark tint in back with a light tint in front.

I just had my interior windows done in 15%, I left the hatch clear and did a 5% tint sun screen on the front window.

Looks really nice. VERY hard to see out of though.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I just had my interior windows done in 15%, I left the hatch clear and did a 5% tint sun screen on the front window.

Looks really nice. VERY hard to see out of though.

Yea, this is what i was talking about doing, do you have some pics of your car you can post?

thanks,
jay

I'll take some tomorrow.

My cockpit windows are tinted about 30-35% and no tint on the engine hatch or anywhere else. I think that it looks fine. You can see for your self. Look at my pictures in the gallery.

Something else I have is an Eclipse Sunshade for the windshield. This really helps while the car is parked outside in the summer. They stay attached to the windshield and retract to the side when opened. Really slick. I have had one of them in every car I have owned since about "83".

Let us know what you think.

Brad

I'm planning on doing 20% all the way around... but not the glass in front of the engine... wouldn't be able to see a damn thing! haha especially at night ...

In my opinion, the car would look half way done if you leave the hatch untinted. I would tint the two sides and the hatch all the same percentage tint or tint all the windows very light. If you have plans on showing the engine, then your plan will work for you. :smile:

I would agree with nsxrtd. My 1992 Formula Red has 35% tint on sides and rear hatch.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 92
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 95
Back