• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire size question on a 94

Are there any fitment or TC issues running 215/40/16 and 255/40/17 on a 94 with 98 rims? The car is about an inch lower. New to the game and any help is appreciated.

Happa,

Thanks. I am looking at the Yok S-Drive. The only front fittment sizes are 205/45 and 215/40. It looks like the 205/45 might be the better option with 245/40 rear. I was just curious about the 215/40's. This seems to be a good compromise between the OEM spec tires which run over $1k for the set.

If the fronts are shorter and the rears are taller than stock, you will get an occasional flicker of the TCS light, especially during a hard launch or aggressive acceleration. Should work for you - the saving grace will be that you are lowered a little - otherwise, I would venture to say the front would look awful.

Thanks. I am looking at the Yok S-Drive. The only front fittment sizes are 205/45 and 215/40. It looks like the 205/45 might be the better option with 245/40 rear. I was just curious about the 215/40's. This seems to be a good compromise between the OEM spec tires which run over $1k for the set.
If you get the S.drive, go with 205/45-16 and 245/40-17. The compromise is that it's not that great a tire, so you can expect a degradation in traction and handling, compared with the OEM Bridgestone RE010.

I recently purchased a set of Continential DWs in 205/45-16 and 245/40-17 and have no problem with fitment especially in the front. My car has the Tein S springs which lower it about 3/4" in the front and 1" in the rear.

I have noticed a big reduction in "sticky" with these Continential tires compared to the Bridgestone RE 010s, but so was the price tag. I have to drive a lot easier and feel the car more closely, especially in the corners.

I am sure that the tire wear will improve a lot with the Continentials too.

Back