• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire wear questions & stuff

Well, my A520's were bald in the rear, but because they were discontinued I had to change to a different tire. Yokohama did not recommend I run new rears with the A520's I had on my front that still had good rubber left. So I bought ES100's for the rear, and Yokohama paid for the ES100's for the front.

I think that qualifies as good customer service. Thank you Yokohama (special thanks to Candy at Yok Customer Service)

Anyways, I have some questions for y'all.

Looking at my tread wear, the rears wore pretty flat with a slight indication of overinflated. I was running them at 36PSI and lower (I set them to 36, but then drive for months and so when I would recheck them, sometimes they were as low as 27). The rears lasted 10,000 miles. 5000 miles with whatever alignment Acura Niello used after my encounter with a curb going backwards, and 5000 miles with the alignment after the car was lowered with Bilsteins (-1.9degrees camber and 0.28"/7.11mm Toe in). I'm wondering if I should decrease my Toe to 0.20"/5mm and if I did, could I expect to get another 5000 miles out of my tires or not?

And even though the fronts still had lots of good tread left, they definitely showed a wear pattern indicating excess negative camber (alignment post bilstein is -1.5 degrees). Does anyone know if due to the lowering, the -1.5 is as good as it can be, or is there room to adjust this down to -1.0 (I think Acura spec is -0.33 +/-0.5). There was also a slight feather wear on the inside tread, but as the feather seemed to be front to back and not side to side, I think it is not a result of excessive Toe out and may just be a symptom of the "too much" camber.

I would appreciate any information/advice on this before I take my car back in for an alignment. Also, I know of aftermarket items to further increase camber on the front, can these be installed backwards to decrease camber as well?

BTW, NSXPO was Great. It was nice meeting with those I have only previously known through the web & email.

Just bringing this to the top as no one has provided any feedback and I really would like some recommendations from those knowledgable about alignments. Based on another thread, it at least appears I should be able to get the Front Camber adjusted to -1.0

I am running the non-compliant toe links in the rear. Any recommendations on how much Toe in & negative camber I should be running with here.

Back