• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tirerack wheel selection, various years

I noticed on Tirerack.com that there are a few more wheel choices available for earlier year NSXs than later. Are there different fender, lining and hub dimensions for the various OEM wheels sizes over the years? Or is it just Tirerack's database? Thanks in advance.

Tire rack may include 15 and 16 inch sizes for pre-2002 NSXs. Since 2002+ NSX came with 17/17s, they might not show those smaller sizes as fitments for 2002+ NSXs.

Tire rack may include 15 and 16 inch sizes for pre-2002 NSXs. Since 2002+ NSX came with 17/17s, they might not show those smaller sizes as fitments for 2002+ NSXs.
I don't think that's exactly it, but there's a different reason, along similar lines.

Beginning in '97, the front brake calipers are larger, too large to accommodate wheels smaller than 16". So if the difference consists of 15" front wheels no longer available for '97 and later, that would be correct.

The other dimensions (fender and wheel well linings, center bore, etc) are the same for all years.

I have NEVER found Tirerack helpful in terms of fitment of wheels. Their database is extremely limited for the NSX. There are many many wheels that they carry that will fit the NSX but they don't really update that data perhaps partly due to the lack of demands of those wheels for NSX fitment. I have bought many sets of wheels from Tirerack that were not included in their fitment guide. You can PM me if you have any particular wheels interested and I will help you determine if they will fit.
Steve

Last edited:
Back