• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tires...OEM Yoko or Michelin Pilot Sport

Time for new tires on my Zanardi, the rear Bridgestones are already wearing into the cords on the inside of the rear tread. I am not happy with the Bridgestones, as I discussed before I think they may have weathered from their age. Under braking the front tires do not feel like they have much grip, as the ABS kicks even though it feels like the tires are not gripping well. I'm trying to decide between the Yokohama A022HO or the Michelin Pilot Sport. I searched and read the messages, but I'm hoping for new information. Thanks a bunch.

-Eric

The Yokos work pretty well in the Zanardi, which really needs the Yokos' stiff sidewalls for that instantaneous turn in. The Pilots Sports are very good tires too, but the sidewalls are kinda soft and squishy, though they are quieter and last longer and stick pretty good to boot. I've got Pilot Sports on my commuter car and they're great for that application, but I'd reiterate the earlier recommendations for Yokos for the Zanardi.

Thanks guys, I ordered the Yokohamas from The Tire Rack. Looking forward to trying them out. Will get an alignment too. I don't want to take camber out of the rear, I just want everything to be to spec. What's a good alignment shop in Orange county or San Diego Country that will do a good job on my NSX?

Thanks

-Eric

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Have it done at Mark Basch's shop at Dali Racing in San Diego.

Actually, MB's shop here in San Diego doesn't have an alignment rack. Which sucks!
frown.gif

Back