• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tlx pmc

Slutty Hoes Always Want D!ck. :D

Oy Vey. I thought this was a family oriented channel. OK, back to the Hallmark channel. I miss Lori already.........

Seriously, if Jon Ikeda can't deliver a sedan with the inherent goodness of the 3G TL, its probably over for Acura in the sedan department. My relationship with Acura will continue as long as I have the /04 TL and my NSX but no new ones for me.

The following is very telling -- I'm in suburban Detroit, Farmington Hills to be precise. There were 4 Acura dealers within a 60 mile radius of Farmington Hills. Guess what? No more dealer in Farmington Hills. Suburban Group (pretty significant player in the dealer market up here with 10+ stores handling various marques in the greater Detroit area and some other stores throughout the country) simply gave up the franchise as it was not profitable enough for them. Lack of competitive product and lack of factory support by way of decent lease programs. I was told that the Acura store was moving somewhere between 5 and 10 TLXs a month for the longest time. That may have jumped to 15 recently but it was not nearly enough. This compared with the 3G TL years when those cars were flying off the shelf at the rate of 30-40 a month from what I was told. So very sad. The former Acura store is becoming a Toyota store. Ugh.

Best,
Jeff

don't mind DocL ....he spends his lonely days filling various cavities....in prison...:eek:

Ha Ha don't worry I won't go for a triple...

Another year that I missed meeting you. Maybe next year.

No sketch of the next gen MDX or TLX. No hints at features or anything.

No hints at NSX upgrades.

Just salesmen complaining that blindspot isn't available on the base model.

Another year that I missed meeting you. Maybe next year.

No sketch of the next gen MDX or TLX. No hints at features or anything.

No hints at NSX upgrades.

Just salesmen complaining that blindspot isn't available on the base model.

It totally skipped my mind until I was leaving Friday. Highlight of the weekend was renting the new Aston Martin Vantage and driving through Red Rock Canyon.

At least we had Rob Keough and some engineers there last year to talk to. This year it was Ikeda or nothing and it's pretty hard to really get into anything too serious in the few minutes you may have with him.

Lots of talk from Acura about commitment to sedans and great things coming if I recall correctly. Hoping that soon Mr. Ikeda & co. deliver. I'm trying not to lose faith but honestly, aside from the new NSX I've seen nothing from Acura of any interest since the demise of the 3G TL back in /08. Sad.

Best,
Jeff

acura needs a bigger lux ute.......bring back the S2000 concept

acura needs a bigger lux ute.......bring back the S2000 concept

Yes and a large sedan to compete with the top Lexus.

Pretty much compete with Audi in every segment.

But it takes COMMITMENT!

Car and Driver just released their 25 Cars Worth Waiting For and there were not Acuras or Hondas.

Very weak.

well right now acura is a rdx/mdx brand...everything else is pocket change......yea I guess leave the bigger suv's to every other competitor...

well right now acura is a rdx/mdx brand...everything else is pocket change......yea I guess leave the bigger suv's to every other competitor...

They may as well leave everything to every other competitor. We just traded in our Lexus RX350 for a MB E300 4Matic. There was no way I was going to consider another Honda/Acura product. The only cars I'll purchase for now will either be American or German.

They may as well leave everything to every other competitor. We just traded in our Lexus RX350 for a MB E300 4Matic. There was no way I was going to consider another Honda/Acura product. The only cars I'll purchase for now will either be American or German.

Why did you pay extra for 4matic when you live in South Florida?

What they do need to do is bring the CDX to US market. Everyone has at least 3 SUV's in their lineup. Acura is one of the only brands with just 2 in our lineup. If they want to hit the 200,000 unit sales goal they need a smaller SUV in the $30-$40k price range. That car would instantly sell double what the TLX does.

Back