• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To all you M3 owners (yet another comparison)

Enough is enough, GO get your NSX!!! j/k. :D

question for you: any practicular reason you are leaning on the 95/96?? Are you trying to get a T?? If not, I would suggest do your homework and just get the best condition one. (be it a 91 or 96)

I'm such a devil, since you are leaning more towards to the nsx...

here's some E46 eye candy : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=111976
These pictures are good enough to stand against the best over the prime.

1. Drive both cars.
2. Take your time and put the pictures side by side to make up your mind.

:D :D Just want to make you more puzzled so that you won't regret a bit after you make your decision.

Thanks all. I am looking for open air in my NSX, which is why I want the 95/96. LOL NSXdreamer2, this is the most confusing part of my whole life! I swear getting married is probably an easier choice. =/:D :D :rolleyes:

Dreamer, do you own an NSX or m3? What would you rather have at the end of the day if you had to only choose one?

ravi

Are you in Stockton CA? I used to live in Modesto CA during 91~96, from 91 to 96, I think I saw a grand total of 1 NSX in Modesto, and it was at Modesto Acura dealer lot.

you are in a win win situation regardless of your choice.

If you want a better looking car, go with NSX no regrets.

If you want performance, go with M3, or 97~03 NSX.

If you want to save yourself 15K to 20k in hard earned cash, go with 91~93 NSX, you can always use the money you saved towards next toy.

you should see NSX park next to M3, you will notice the difference, one of the thing I like best about NSX is that the sitting position is so low yet so comfortable, my NSX is stock ride height, it almost make all other cars seems like SUVs in comparison.

You can park NSX next to almost any exotic cars (including HSC, if it ever come out), and it will hold its own in look department.

Next M3 should not be too far away either.

I do live in Stockton California--I think there are two NSX's in Stockton. I don't want to spend the extra money for the 97-03 just for an extra 20hp and an extra gear (I know it's more than that but you get the point). The 95/96 is my limit price wise for a "used" car.

This is tough but we'll see what happens.

if i were single and affluent, I'd do the nsx. Affluent is important because you cant haul diddly in the nsx--but hey, just rent the limo or big boat or truck when you need to carry more than one set of golf clubs.

If i wanted a car to take friends clubbing or out to dinner or whatever, definately the m3.

Both cars are reliable, especially the nsx. If the extra space doesnt matter---game over--n s x!!!!

LOL GUYS!

Man, to make matters worse--I just saw the Red NSx in town on my way back from Round Table--I'm so freaking jealous. M3 what?

Guys, looks like there is only one for me, and if I use my gut instinct the one I really want..really reallly want...is the NSX. I appreciate all your guys' help as the search continues. If I can get a good deal on a 95-97 I might strike--pm me or email me friends.

I guess some historical guy said it best when he said--"and the search continues."

LOL must've been karma, I was wearing my "lucky" hat. Lucky to see the x and sway my decision.

Peace folks

ravi

You made the right decision. I had no intention of buying an NSX until a salesman talked me into taking a test drive. That was all it took. I couldn't get the sensation out of my mind: I could feel it in my arms. I tried to ignore this irrational desire to buy an impractical car but couldn't. Three days after the test drive, I bought my first NSX, a new '98. I've never regretted it for a minute. I kept my practical old Accord, a car I had loved until then, but found I couldn't bring myself to waste one precious drivng moment in it when I could be driving the NSX. I never drove my Accord again and finally sold it after it sat in my driveway, forelorn and unused, for a year.

Anything that requires me to drive any car but my NSX is driving enjoyment lost. Life is too short to drive boring cars. (Not that the M3 is boring, but it's no NSX.) The attention factor was something that hadn't even crossed my mind when I bought the NSX, but I soon discovered the attention it attracts is addictive.

Just one caveat, be careful in the rain. I totaled the '98 when it hydroplaned in a downpour. In the wet, keep your speed down, your inputs smooth (no sudden acceleration when passing), and make sure the tires have plenty of tread.

Enjoy. I think the NSX is the best car ever made.

Rex

My only suggestion is that you look into purchasing a used NSX from a Prime member. I fully believe you will get a better cared for NSX if you buy one from this forum. If/when I can afford one myself, I will be shopping the "For Sale" forum here first...

Back