• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top Gears Richard Hammond drives an NSX

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Off the top of my head I know there is a video of Clarkson running a blue 02+ around Laguna Seca (trying to beat a time he set in a video game), and another of Hammond reviewing an older white car.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Off the top of my head I know there is a video of Clarkson running a blue 02+ around Laguna Seca (trying to beat a time he set in a video game), and another of Hammond reviewing an older white car.

Yeah, I remember Hammond doing a review on the NSX-R.. I believe it was Series 1, Episode 6.

The Laguna Seca one was Series 7, Episode 6.

The biggest tragedy of this post is he's driving an AUTOMATIC NSX!! :frown:
670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

"I know I’m a 911 fan, and, yes, the Porker is truly the best sports car in the world and something you can use every day. But it’s not, and never has been, a supercar. It’s a sports car.

This, with its mid-engine, ally construction, wedge body and Senna connection is an everyday supercar. Sorry, Audi – Honda was there first."

This, with its mid-engine, [alloy] construction, wedge body and Senna connection is an everyday supercar.

That settles it. The NSX is a supercar.

Q.E.D.

This, with its mid-engine, [alloy] construction, wedge body and Senna connection is an everyday supercar.

That settles it. The NSX is a supercar.

Q.E.D.

The 100th reviewer(outside of Honda) who calls it one...
The NSX's image is only questioned because it's still driven and out there to be judged.

Last edited:
He tested an AUTO???

The 100th reviewer(outside of Honda) who calls it one...
The NSX's image is only questioned because it's still driven and out there to be judged.

i think the NSX image is tarnished because it is reliable. and came stock with quiet mufflers.
super cars are never reliable. or quiet.
super cars must be loud and break constantly, or need $6000 minor tune ups.

is there a video? if not, why is there not? I'd rather watch Top Gear re-review an NSX than read a blog about it.

Please Top Gear! Make a new season!!! Then do a real review with a M/T!

I want them to take an NSX-R around the track in dry conditions because I am pretty sure it would do even faster that the average 3secs? faster from wet to dry. It was drifting basically last time.

And then....a supercharged one around the track. See how that stacks up against the NEW supercars.

Great link, thank you.

Every British car show I have seen has referred to the NSX as a supercar. But it is really interesting to hear Hammond say the 911 is not. Surprising really, especially being as big a Porsche fanboi as he is.

No Top Gear till next year. Something about some sort of large sporting event happening across the pond...

Great article, Im glad they called the NSX a SUPERCAR!

911 is kind of an ugly upright car that everyone and their grandma owns, how can that be a supercar? The 959 was a super car. A CGT? supercar. A 918? supercar. A GT-2? maybe... but a regular 911 is about as super as this guy:

superfud.jpg

911 is kind of an ugly upright car that everyone and their grandma owns, how can that be a supercar? The 959 was a super car. A CGT? supercar. A 918? supercar. A GT-2? maybe... but a regular 911 is about as super as this guy:

superfud.jpg

He is pretty super.

i think the NSX image is tarnished because it is reliable. and came stock with quiet mufflers.
super cars are never reliable. or quiet.
super cars must be loud and break constantly, or need $6000 minor tune ups.

True, that's part of it. But the NSX was faster than Ferrari when it came out.
The trick is, no one drives a Ferrari 348/355/360 anymore. If they did, people would say 'Is it fast?'. It's just because the NSX doesn't die while cars get faster that it gets compared. If it was parked in a garage beside a Ferrari 355, people would say 'There's the Honda Supercar that beat Ferrari'.
When it's parked beside a 2012 Porsche SPORTSCAR, people instead ask 'Is it fast'.

It's nice to be a called a supercar but when a person drives an automatic NSX and complains about understeer you have to wonder if he was driving to rehab.

And then....a supercharged one around the track. See how that stacks up against the NEW supercars.

Hopefully not, then it opens up the floodgates for every idiot to talk about how car X with mod Y holds up against the more expensive factory trim of car Z (that probably still has a warranty too).

Then if they compare laptimes around "the ring" I would be tempted to blow my brains out.

Back