• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tornado infomercial...does it work?

I saw this infomercial about 4 days ago and just remembered it now. I'd explain it myself but I think I'd just screw it up so here is the website www.tornadoair.com . lol, the infomercial got me sold but I haven't bought one yet. I wanted to see what folks here thought of it. Does it seem like it would work? The product seems inexpensive with an easy installation.

I remember playing with Coke bottles as a kid and making the tornado appear in the water. For water it actually channels it better. What I don't see is why air would have a problem.

[This message has been edited by skim83 (edited 13 October 2001).]

If you want, you can send me the $69.98 plus $8.95 shipping and we'll call it even. You'll get nothing in return and the performance gain will be exactly the same. This is not a money back gaurantee that I am offering, as I am not providing you with any performance gains. I only want to take you money.

Please e-mail me for further instructions.

J/K of course.
biggrin.gif
These products are scams and they do nothing at all. What they do is increase the turbulence of the air going into the intake. They do not force the air like a Supercharger or Turbo.

I actually have used these in several vehicles and although they do not give a performance gain, I have always gotten at least 1 to 2 MPG better in gas. I dont know why and yes I feel stupid buying it, but with todays gas prices every bit helps. just dont tell your friends, you'll never live it down(OOH, he's got the TORNADO,LOL)

I did get the feeling that people only use these in pre 90's cars. Maybe for them it has significant gains but for modern cars it doesn't really do much at all if anything?

Such a device obviously is a restriction to air movement. There will be a change in the velocity and volume of air moving into the engine.

Just curious: Have you any measurements of engine vacuum with and without device?

Back