• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Totalled NSX....Any suggestions

SITUATION: Bought back the salvage from my insurance company for the princely sum of $10K. A little high, but it has BBSC, short gears & 4.55, headers, exhaust, 3.5 aftermarket rims (one needs repair), HID's, sway bars, and springs. They were going to pay me 42 cents on the dollar for these aftermarket parts above the stock vehicle value. However, as I am getting another NSX, hopefully soon, I opted to buy the salvage.

CAR STATS: 1991 Black/Black NSX 45k mi(timing belt/water pump/valves service at 44k mi, Dope!!), 5-speed. Left fender, door, quarter panel, and roof are damaged. All else (right side, front, rear, engine and interior) looks great. Pictures are on another post under "The Candle That Burns....." under my username. Forgot to mention that the car is in San Diego in my possession.

QUESTION: As I'm going to keep the aftermarket parts and put them on another NSX, what to do with the salvage? Any suggestions on who buys these cars in their totalled state would be very much appreciated. Also, as it appears that the engine carries the most value, any suggestions on its value would be of great help.

Thanks in advance for your input.

[This message has been edited by emvanderpol (edited 26 November 2002).]

Since you're in San Diego, I would talk with Mark Basch about it, since he has a shop there. He might be interested in buying it, or buying pieces of it, etc. Heck, you can work out a multi-part deal with him for installing the BBSC and other stuff on your next NSX, as well as having him remove parts if you want to sell them yourself. And he can advise you of anyone else he knows that might be interested in getting a salvage car.

Back