• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tracing an old whipple SC by serial # - can someone help?

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what I can find out about my car and SC from the serial # engraved inside it. I remember reading somewhere that comptech puts a serial # on each sc they sell. Looking at my old stone-age whipple, I wasn't sure if it would have a serial marked anywhere - given that it was pretty much installed around the time "0" was discovered. Anyhow, I have some pictures of it from the recent SC rebuild (precautionary maintenance) and I was happy to see that there is indeed a marking in there. More impressively, it includes a 0, so its in fact newer than I thought.

So, the serial # is "1032". I checked on CT's site and didn't see any obvious spot where I can lookup a serial # and associated history. I also emailed them to ask about it. While I wait, I thought maybe someone here can help :)

Anything you can tell me about it would be great to know and add to my records for the car.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back