• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Day (6-5-10) Event/Inde

1 Track day at the new Inde Motorsports Ranch 2.75 mile road course outside of Wilcox. You can sign up or drive down for the Saturday event with only a "weekend" SCCA membership ($15). NSX's would be in the street car category if not race prepared. Hope to see a few of you out there! I'll be running my Spec RX-7 #2.
See the copied inormation below from the SCCA website (www.azscca.com). Go check it out at their site!

The Arizona Region of the SCCA is pleased to announce lapping days at Inde Motorsports Ranch, the new track outside Wilcox, Arizona. This event is not a race or timed event, but it is a chance to drive the new track (a 2.75 mile, 24 turn roadcourse with 85 feet of elevation change). This track will be on our race schedule twice next year. The event will take place June 5th (Saturday Only). Inde sits at about 4,000 feet elevation so it is 15 degrees cooler than phoenix (10 degrees cooler than Tucson) and the night time temperatures are very enjoyable. The track is about a 3 hour drive from Phoenix or El Paso and a one and half hour drive from Tucson. RVs and overnight camping are allowed, but there is no water or power hookups. We will be sharing the track with vintage drivers and members of the SCCA regions to the east of us, but it is expected that each driver will get 4 - 5 20 min sessions each day. Driving instruction/help from members with significant track experience will be available. The cost will be $150 for 1 day

A note of caution: I drove out there about a month ago...nice looking track..but the road leading in is a very rough dirt road. lowered cars will have issues. Not sure if this has been paved yet(highly doubt it). I should find a trailer and go out saturday though!

Guys, just returned from the first ASA Pro Auto Sports event at the new Inde Motorsports track in Wilcox, AZ. The event was a 3 day deal 4 sessions per day with 2 sessions as races Saturday and Sunday. Friday is typically just a practice day with 4 sessions as well.

I drove my NSX to the track and used it to do some lapping to get to know the 2.75 mile 21 turn track before running the formula mazda I race. Road to the track has been greatly improved from what is was. Dusty, no big ruts or holes just keep way back from anyone in front of you and should not be a problem.

The track is very technical and the first turn at the end of the long straight will cause you to remain very focused as it is high speed and virtually flat out in a formula car. The big power cars will probably need to brake a bit but we were in the 120mph range for the turn, (felt very fast) and averaged right a 90mph for the whole track.

Reference points take some time to acquire as the desert looks very similar in alot of the turns and with 21 turns it is easy to have little brain lapse. This is a track you do not want go off of, not real friendly.

All-in-all, it is a great track nice facility and pretty easy to get to. Take I-10 to exit 336 to Taylor road got to Airport Road turn left, follow the road for about 7-8 miles and the facility entrance is on the left after coming down a little hill. It is a somewhat improved road that could use a bit more oiling or watering, but not a problem.

Bring some shade as there are not really any areas for shade except the main tower viewing facility which you will not be able to park near as that is where the grid area is.

Back