• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track event at Infineon on 11/13

We have an opportunity to organize another great NSX HPDE, this time at Infineon Raceway with TrackMasters on 11/13. Gauging interest before we make any commitments.

That sounds like fun, count me in.

TrackMasters has not finalized the cost and we have not made a commitment with them yet. So far, the interest is encouraging. We may need to do early bird registration to have a head count with commitments since savings are always an incentive for procrastinators :wink:

If we proceed with an NSX event, we are planning on some very "boy racer" friendly surprise program. Stay tuned.

Hrant said:
If we proceed with an NSX event, we are planning on some very "boy racer" friendly surprise program. Stay tuned.

Hmm...

Maybe a Time Trial for the NSX folks during lunchtime divided by classes? SCedNSX == GT1, NA == GT2 with handicaps based on tires being used: street 4 sec, R-compounds 2 sec, Slicks 0 sec. Something like that might be fun :cool:

Ken

Re: Pssst, Hrant, you got some planning to do

Well Hrant, at it again, I see. After the big success you brokered with that new burst of energy, Steve G, I can see you're pumped. Hope you’ve got him behind/beside/out-in-front of you to make this another wham-bam-thank-you-m’am-kick-ass event. No, …….. check that, I hope you’ve got a good team of attorneys behind you because the Board is gonna be a little sideways when this event is scheduled so close to the national No-Sex-Po gig which I guess is down in…….., let’s see, AZ country this year? Hmmmmmmmmmm, that’s a problem.

Ya know, a lot of nites, I sit at the piano long after closing time when only Jaime is in there sweeping the floor. Well, last nite I was tickling the pearlies, humming a little Tom Waits; "My old 55" I think it was, and about to fall asleep with a Lucky ready to burn my fingers. I was thinking about this here track day of yours, when I snapped to attention like the Texaco Man.

It occurred to me that with the No-Sex-Po-No-Compete Rules that the National Board holds over everyone, you gotta come up with something special. And, being an attorney at heart and promoter extraordinaire, with a little good natured snake oil salesmanship thrown in, you can certainly take this one underground. Keep it on the Q-T and kinda start a covert NorCal NSX cult. You know, just like what we do on Wednesday nights down in the dung…..basement of the Blue Note. Harmless fun it is and the costs are low.

So, you take care of the political and legal spaghetti and let Steve G. take care of (getting) the Hooters girls, car wash, car show, drifting contest, NSX exclusive time trials, free door prizes like tires and exhausts and all the hoopla to make this another gi-normous event.

Well, just a thought, like road racing and pro wrestling rules, always subject to change. :rolleyes: Now, where's my other bowling shoe?

Back