• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track event Portland International Raceway 6/27

Edo

Experienced Member
I've got PIR rented out on Friday June 27th. It'll be a private event with approximately 30 participants total.
Lunch and refreshments provided.

Test and Tune style day means there are no run groups or sessions. You will get 8 hours of track time.

$350.00 per driver (bring as many cars as you'd like).
I only have a few spots left so please contact me for details
[email protected]

-Eddie Nakato-

Pictures are up!
http://www.bledsoephotography.com/gallery/5291699_5jWAt#322609393_Bg2gH

For those whom couldn't make it out to this special invite-only event- you are going to want to get on the list next time around because this was probably the best Test N' Tune day ever!!!

We rented the track out- 9am to 5pm with a short break for lunch... on and off as you please with loose passing.... all my best friends showed and everyone left happy as the format was a success! Swapping between cars I personally got about 5 hours drive time stopping mostly to hydrate.

Many thanks to Eddie and AR for making this happen and showing how things can be run the right way!!!

Look for more scheduled events next year!

Hey am i not considered one of your "best freind" since I flaked?

Hopefully next time Eddie will pick a day not on the Fri-Sunday, then I'm in.

Hey am i not considered one of your "best freind" since I flaked?

Let me see here. Ferrand, Ferrand... nope not on the list. :biggrin:

A weekend track rental is considerably more expensive which is why that is often out.

Even a Friday is apparently a good bit more than say a Wed, but it's a balance designed to get the required turn-out. Even on the more popular Friday not all the spots needed always get filled.

While I am flexible, it's hard for those of us that have to travel to make the down and back mid-week with work thrown in there. Drive down late night, do the event, and drive right back is never a lot of fun.

Let me see here. Ferrand, Ferrand... nope not on the list. :biggrin:

A weekend track rental is considerably more expensive which is why that is often out.

Even a Friday is apparently a good bit more than say a Wed, but it's a balance designed to get the required turn-out. Even on the more popular Friday not all the spots needed always get filled.

While I am flexible, it's hard for those of us that have to travel to make the down and back mid-week with work thrown in there. Drive down late night, do the event, and drive right back is never a lot of fun.

yeap exactly, my work day is usually most people's holiday.. oh well. But then Monday will be perfect since i know most of you 9-5'er call in sick on Monday quite frequently!!! :wink:

BTW, Polar was right, the model with Blk hair=hotness, that just make me want to kick him for not going there...

Last edited:
Mmmmmm models.....

I'll be re-hiring Danielle for sure. (The one with the black hair)
Speaking of...she's stopping by the shop today...soooo I gotta go.

:) :) :)

Hehe..no I think she has a boyfriend. Besides...I've got a girlfriend of my own. :) :)

Anyway, models really *look* great. But I hire them for their looks, not their personality. You should have met some of the models I didnt hire. I swear they were IQ Black holes. I could feel my brain cells being leeched away just by being near them. I was amazed that they were even able to use email to answer questions.

Hehe..no I think she has a boyfriend. Besides...I've got a girlfriend of my own. :) :)

Anyway, models really *look* great. But I hire them for their looks, not their personality. You should have met some of the models I didnt hire. I swear they were IQ Black holes. I could feel my brain cells being leeched away just by being near them. I was amazed that they were even able to use email to answer questions.

LOL, you have to post the emails on here

Gah, I deleted them all a while back as they were too painful to read...
Some notable quotes that I remember...(corrected for grammar)

"Some people have said I look like the lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls, so I must be hot"

"Do I have to be over 18?" :) :) :)

"I wont have to wear skanky clothes will I?"

"Can I reschedule my interview again?" (For the 5th time)

And don't forget the half dozen no-shows I had for interviews. And the 2 No-shows for the actual event AFTER I hired them.

Damn, ill have to check this forum more often. I would have loved to ride..sorry drive (bike guy always saying ride) the track. I took my E46 M3 a few times and loved it...never thought of taking NSX...since i spun my old 1991 out once on the street years ago, i just drive my newer nsx a bit slower..the M3 you could HANG the rear out and it never got scary..the nsx mid engine and all snaps..

Ive thought of picking up a S2000 and building for track only. Arun (MotoCorsa) is always trying to get me into a Lotus..but they look too girly for me...sorry.

Is there an email list for the NW guys? Id love to come out...ill even bring my own models (if you have seen the edrperformance . com calendar...you'd like)

THanks guys..

ERIC

Back