• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track sessions at HPT and MPH with a LoveFab NSX-T

Hey gents! Just thought I would share some quick video cuts I put together while putting in some track time at both Motorsports Park Hastings (Hastings, NE) while driving with NASA and an open track day at Heartland Park Topeka with some really nice exotics. Here's a quick run down of what I have done with the car:
1995 NSX-T with LoveFab built LF500 engine (461 hp/345 tq) - fantastic engine and had zero problems the entire time :biggrin:
RPS Stage 1 clutch, Toyo T1R street tires (215 front/265 rear), can't wait to upgrade to R888's or something similar
Blisten Yellows with Tein Sports Springs.

I'm just constantly being impressed with how awesome of a car this almost 20 year old machine is! As you can see in the video I was able to either "hang with" or outright pass some really fast cars (most notable GT2 RS, Viper SRT-10, and 458), not only on the straights but I was catching them on the curves as well! Now I understand that this wasn't real "racing" but these guys weren't exactly out for a Sunday drive either. Also to kind of level the playing field...I'm no race car driver, I was running on street tires (no R compound DOT tires), and this was my first time at both of these tracks. I really have to thank Kyle and Jim Coz (both NASA instructors) for their invaluable insight and advice so far with teaching me how to effectively track the NSX. I personally think NASA has a great program for anyone interested in tracking their NSX. I can't wait to be in Georgia and run on Road Atlanta in the next few months.
List of Cars in the Video:
BMW M3 E92 <<<------ NOT an E46 :)
Ford Mustang GT 500
Chevy Camaro Z28
Mustang GT
Porsche GT2 RS, Carrera S
Pontiac GTO 6.0L, TransAm
Ferrari 355, 458, 599, 430 16 M
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Honda S2000

Hope you guys enjoy the video! Cheers!

Last edited:
great to see another T roof car on track......also thumbs up on the wider angle lens on you camera ,most track vids have this myopic field of view.

The redline has no meaning unless you use it. :tongue: What's with the short shifting at 6k rpms?

I can understand not taking it to redline (I usually shift around 7.5k on the track) but you are missing out on A LOT of power between 6k - 7.5k (50+ hp).

Also since you have the power, "in general" a later apex will allow you to get on the gas much sooner and thus make the straightaway longer.

Good driving and looks like a lot of fun.

Last edited:
+1 CL65 Captain.
Watching the vid makes me want to hit the track soon :)
Nice smooth driving but I too was wondering about the short shifting.

CL65 CPT and Greg-TT,
I was short shifting because the new engine just barely cracked 3,000 miles on it so I'm still "babying" it. But give me a few more track days and I'll definitely be pushing up to 7.5k, "using the redline." :)

And I'll correct the BMW M3 E92...good catch...I guess I passed him so fast I didn't have time to see what it was :biggrin:

Quick question for the track guys, I always change my oil before a track weekend but how long do you usually go after a track day/weekend to change it? I know it's gotta be less than 3 month/3,000 miles since it's hard driving. Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far!

I only change my oil before the season and after...not after each event.

Change the trans axle fluid more regularly (2-3 events) and double check the CV boots at about the same time.

is 461hp 345tq rwhp or just HP? I am assuming just HP.
Nope, that's rwhp :) Easily above the LF500 (500 crank HP) engine build that Cody did.

Change the trans axle fluid more regularly (2-3 events) and double check the CV boots at about the same time.

Good advice! I will definitely start changing the trans axle fluid and checking the CV boots. I love the wealth of knowledge on this forum!

CL65 CPT and Greg-TT,
Quick question for the track guys, I always change my oil before a track weekend but how long do you usually go after a track day/weekend to change it? I know it's gotta be less than 3 month/3,000 miles since it's hard driving. Thanks for all the comments and feedback so far!
I religiously change the oil and trans axle fluid just before the track event.

I have been concerned with the oil change and heat issue and here is the research I have bloged about.
http://www.outrageousracing.com/blog/2013/1/17/oil-after-race-still-good.html
http://www.outrageousracing.com/blog/2013/3/20/oil-analysis.html
http://www.outrageousracing.com/blog/2012/9/29/preparing-nsx-for-willow-springs-pt-1.html
CL65 CPT and Greg-TT,

Amazing job racing, sure looks like a lot of fun. For those of us who don't take the opportunity to get our cars on the track it sure looks addicting.... I am sitting here watching the video predicting your shifts and turn in points as if I was driving. Thanks for the video.. Get more up when you get a chance.

Back