• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track Talk forum

Should Track Talk forum be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
Track Talk does not get much use, so I'm considering eliminating it. NSX-related track stuff would go in one of the existing NSX forums. Non-NSX track stuff would go in Off Topic. Comments?

Would Peter not racing his NSX in Speed GT be considered NSX related or not NSX related?

:D

Would Peter not racing his NSX in Speed GT be considered NSX related or not NSX related?

:D

Lud said:
Any more feedback?

Says (or doesn't!) it all really, no?

I'm not advocating removing it, but it does tell its own story when no-one is really standing up for it.
Most people appear apathetic to it, neither for or against - 13 total votes in the poll.

Well I am surprised at the responses so far, but that is no knew news .......

If one doesn't particularly visit a forum why would they advocate deleting it if others do use it though perhaps less often than other forums .........

I for one, post our track events and updates on this forum, and we often have a few per year. It is an appropriate forum to dwell on some details of track related stuff and even some smack aftertalk without getting zillion of feedback from others who otherwise would not be surfing the track forum ......... the track forum ought not be a forum like the General Discussion forum where everyone with an opinion or not pitches in, but rather as the title says, for people interested in track events/updates.

And it seems we have a lot of talkers on the forums and too few who are out there matching the talk with the walk ...... LOL!

My $0.02, YMMV

I'm for keeping it, but the fact is not to many appear to give a crap about racing/track talk hear! A famous writer by the name of Hemingway said once that only 3 sports exist "Auto racing, bull fighting and sport fishing" anything else is just a game. I'm still trying to figure out the fishing thing??

I agree with above.Also the biggest problem is that many newbies and some regulars still post track talk in other forums so people are just being lazy and not paying attention to the rules.I wish folks would not post topics of personal interrest in the general forum simply because it gets more looks. :mad: Lud has taken alot of time to make the site and there is a place for everything.I think the track talk is a topic that should remain and the rest of the site needs to be focused ,it may mean more policing by administration.I just can't stand when folks blert out any ol topic in the general forum,how many wheel and tire issues as well as track related items are posted in general...many!plus traffic will perk up as the N.E season gets going.

Last edited:
sold my nsx a while back, but still race, teach at hpde's, etc. lurk around this forum to keep in touch....so I am in favor of keeping it.

Last edited:
Tom Larkins said:
I'm for keeping it, but the fact is not to many appear to give a crap about racing/track talk hear! A famous writer by the name of Hemingway said once that only 3 sports exist "Auto racing, bull fighting and sport fishing" anything else is just a game. I'm still trying to figure out the fishing thing??

I agree with Tom. Please keep a sepreate forum for those of us who do spend time at the track. Maybe we also need a forum for NSXer's who take intrest in bull fighting and fishing.

poll confusing -- but KEEP the Forum

Lud said:
Any more feedback?
In poll, I selected "yes" which it turns out is a vote to remove it.

I vote to KEEP it -- I think its useful, and keeps general racing info (non-region specific) in one place. Also allows folks to share info on other series (non-NSX) like F1, ALMS, etc.

- Manuel

nsx1164 - I edited the poll to change your vote. But I do not understand what is confusing about the question "Should the Track Talk forum be removed? Yes/No". What am I missing? I can edit the poll if someone will suggest better phrasing. I do not mean for it to be confusing!

To answer the question about space, no, it does not take up any appreciable amount of storage space or other server resources.

I just don't want forums that don't get a reasonable amount of use. It clutters up the main screen, adds additional places to look for information, etc.

I could conceivably set up a forum for suspension, a forum for detailing the car, a forum for audio/video setups, a forum for 1/4 mile racing, a forum for road course racing, a forum for people who would like to start a new religion featuring the NSX service manual as the holy text, etc. But then things would be so spread out as to be difficult to navigate.

As the system has grown I've added new forums as the demand seemed to been there (e.g. the new Tire/Wheel forum most recently), but also deleted forums that were set up but never went anywhere (e.g. Group Buys).

The original idea of the Track Talk forum was for people to discuss tracking the NSX, track prepping the car, and other track stuff (keep up with race results, etc.) Yet looking back at threads active in the last 100 days, I see maybe 8 threads of that nature. The rest are announcements for track events (which could probably be more effectively publicized in their respective regional forums) or posts (usually from me) about non-NSX track or race stuff that would probably be just as well off in Off Topic.

So I am just asking the question of whether people think it should stay separate or if those threads should just be posted into other existing forum sections.

NOTE: I just merged the thread of the same title from the Track Talk forum into this thread (in NSX Prime Discussion forum) so all the discussion can happen in the same place. Sorry if it was confusing to have identical thread names in two forums.

I think we (members) are simply guilty of being lazy, not placing a thread to it's proper place. I know in the last day I could have placed two in Track Talk, but at the same time they were 'at home' in other forum topic areas.

Don't pull your hair our Lud. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of NSX life!

I feel i've read this all before... whenever a forum doesn't get used much, Lud asks whether we delete it, then suddenly everyone says KEEP IT... :rolleyes:

i vote delete it. if it isn't being used much, it wont be missed. u can still talk track elsewhere. Keep prime lean & mean; not split & s... yeah, u get the idea. ;)

<B>NSXRacer: ...another forum for NSXer's who take intrest in bull fighting and fishing.</B>

ROFL... yeah! You read my mind!
While we're at it, we should also ask Lud for a forum for NSXer's with an interest in grecko-wrestling. :D LOL

If thats the case then we should have only 4-5 forums and that would be too few,imo it will be too chaotic and difficult to keep track(ahem) of these posts.This problem manifests with posting double messages,and we have all seen that folks are too lazy to update older posts,instead starting new ones.

KGP said:

Don't pull your hair our Lud. It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of NSX life!

Do what you gotta do and just see how people react when something is posted about track/talk/racing in another part of the forum.

IMO, I think alot of people just don't care about road racing in this country in general. You just can't make the case that road racing & doing track events is that popular given the apathy in some of the states major racing series in addition to economic factors, excluding the circle track boys. Also, many of the members here are of the generation that hasn't grown up w/the likes of the good ol days when major auto companies actually supported factory teams outside of Nascar. Not burning on them or that segment of owners, but they just don't know what it was like. I guess i'm showing my age @ 40+.

I would like to keep the track forum exactly the way it is currently. As a track junkie, I enjoy communicating with other junkies. I'm surprised this is even an issue. "Track" topics in another forum would be lost in the mix of such topics as "NSX in Maxim" or "Lowest mileage auto '91 NSX."

There is obviously a strong audience for NSX track enthusiasts and I think most are here on Prime. Of course I'd like to see more of them post but the season just started for most...heck, NASA had their first Mid-Ohio event and it was 27 degrees.

I vote to leave it alone.

no problem

Lud said:
nsx1164 - I edited the poll to change your vote. But I do not understand what is confusing about the question "Should the Track Talk forum be removed? Yes/No". What am I missing? I can edit the poll if someone will suggest better phrasing. I do not mean for it to be confusing!
Problem seems to have been on my end. When I first read it, all I saw was a "YES/NO" choice with the question obscured -- possibly my browser failing to refresh that field, or a momentary server hiccup. Its fine now. Thanks for the follow-up

OK, let's leave the Track Talk forum in place.

You guys who voted to keep it - let's get some good posts going in there! I know a LOT of folks on here track their car at least semi-regularly and a good number track their NSX heavily. Share your experiences!

I'll be more aggressive about moving appropriate threads into it as well.

A thousand thankyous master Lud.If things get slow I will ask for car fax 100 times in track talk.:D

docjohn said:
A thousand thankyous master Lud.If things get slow I will ask for car fax 100 times in track talk.:D

Yes indeedy, ditto ......... but a discussion of which "Z" wax will make it go faster at the track would be more appropriate as far as the germaneness of the topic is concerened ........ LOL!

Back to my hifding shed ........

I voted to remove it. Here's why. It's not that I have anything against track events - hey, I go to plenty myself. But I don't bother visiting forums that don't have a lot of posts. If a forum doesn't have much posting going on, people aren't going to bother checking it to see if anything's posted there.

If I had a track event coming up that I wanted to notify people about, I would post about it in one of the regional forums, because I would expect that people in the area would be much more likely to see it there than in a forum that didn't get much posting activity.

Back