• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

track tires

hey there .What does anyone run in 17/17 or 17/18 on R compound .There seems to be very little to choose from in the front .right now I run my 15/16 with ra1's but am thinking of using my street wheels next time I buy track tires .I have 17/18 superlegerras and I just threw on 17/17 from an 04 TL they look pretty good 17x8 55off.Any input would be appreciated .Anyone doing Laguna on 3/1?? Hrant? Don? Later

Thanks guys.Everyone is running 235??.Mark I presume your on the stock 17 with 55off.no rubbing issues?Are you running the stock wheel??anyone else with 235's that's not stock offs'.Thanks for your time.

Like you, Dave, I'm running RA-1 on my stock size 15"/16" tires and I'm very happy with them. Plus, I can fit the tires inside the car with my jack and helmet and overnight bag and all my track equipment, and drive to the track on my street tires. This all fits inside (photo was taken when I was using Yoko A032R, before switching to the Toyos):

wNTcwNjYwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

With wide tires like 235 and 275, you will have to trailer the car or drive to the track on your track tires.

daveh said:
Mark I presume your on the stock 17 with 55off.no rubbing issues?

You will NOT be ablae to fit a 235 on the stock +55mm offset. It will be too far into the wheel well, and cause rubbing. My friend runs a 17x8.0 +44mm with a 235-40-17, and that works great.

I'm running the RA1's for the track with SSR GT1's in.

17x8-235-40-17
17x9-275-40-17

they only rub slightly in the front when turning the car around or backing it up at full lock not on the track here is a shot of them.

Last edited:
Back