• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tragic story

I've always liked Canada for it low crime rates. I guess no matter where in this world you fined your place, someone will eventually come along and ruin it for everyone.

I grew up 40 minutes away from where this happened. I have a lot of friends and family living in Moncton. It is truly sad to hear what has happened. Even while living in Europe I was glued to the screen waiting for updates. I am glad they caught this guy so he can pay for what he did. I just can't believe that he surrendered without incident.

To be honest, no matter how bad these things are I find it easier to understand when made as simple and strait forward as possible.

What's wrong with these people.
They are not thinking strait or are mentally ill, to put it bluntly. Bad parenting, misused justice systems, violent circumstances/events in their lives leaving a lasting impression. Inability to pick one-selves life off of the floor after hitting rock bottom and having no idea how to return to a norm of sorts. Could be many things.

It seems to be happening more and more these days people just go on these rampages.
Again, this may sound heartless, however it really is just numbers and statistics. More and more humans are living closer than ever before today, more people packed into the same space. You have more friction in society, and more people to get fed up with something to an unreasonable extent.

This needless death is simply unreasonable if nothing else. Stop it? Never; you can't control people to such an extent, and as world population increases and cities have even more people living clustered together these events will only grow in numbers and severity.

I'm confident in my ability to raise safe and smart children when that day may come in my life; the one thing that leaves me floored is how to keep them safe from crazy things like this.

I was really saddened to hear about this tragedy. It certainly does seem to happening more and more but, like Peace Frog pointed out, there are a lot of people and a few of them are sure to be crazy. One thing I've noticed about this case is that the media, here anyway, is not getting a lot of details about the shooter. If that's by design so as not to glorify this scum bag then I applaud who ever is responsible. I personally believe that the media attention that is garnered by these lunatics makes other lunatics take notice.

Back