• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transmission issues; anyone use Level 10; feedback appreciated

My 96 NSX with mileage in the low 60K range needs to have its shiftronic automatic transmission replaced or rebuilt. I have seen people referring to Level 10 Transmission in PA or NJ areas. As I am on the west coast, I wanted to know if anyone could provide any feedback on their service and product. Thanks.

I think I may be in the same boat. The previous owner of my car had his transmission rebuilt last year and clutch upgraded to a level 10. A few days after I bought the car, I noticed that there was a very small trickle of tranny fluid in the driveway. The local NSX mechanic took a look and said that it looks like it's coming from the torque converter area. He said it's either or seal or possibly a crack. He said the transmission would need to come out in order to tell/fix the problem. That's at least a 1.2k job in his shop.

Any thoughts on how I can better diagnose the issue without pulling the tranny out? Does 1.2k sound like the right number? The car is from Texas.

Asif

I needed to replace the stock transmission and was considering a OEM remanufactured one or a Level 10 rebuild. I did not receive any feedback on Level 10. I chose the OEM one with core exchange mainly due to the warranty of 3 years/36K miles. In addition, I did not want to have my vehicle taken apart and taking up space at the mechanic's place while the damaged transmission was sent to the East Coast (New Jersey) for the rebuild. Level 10 transmission's warranty is only 6 months if they are not handling the installation.

I am in NJ and have heard of both exceptionally good experiences and exceptionally bad ones as well in people having dealt with them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Back