• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transportation between California and Michigan suggestions and costs?

Anybody have suggestions for a car carrier I could use to transport a car? Could be open container, not that bothered. How much you think it will cost me? I've tried to use the search link but can't find other posts on this subject. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards.....

Anybody have suggestions for a car carrier I could use to transport a car? Could be open container, not that bothered. How much you think it will cost me? I've tried to use the search link but can't find other posts on this subject. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards.....

When I bought mine in April, I had it shipped from Denver to Chadds Ford (about 10 mins north of Wilmington, DE) by Inner City Lines (covered carrier). Service was stellar, the cost was $1700. This was on recommendation from Honcho, the PO, who had used ICL to ship it from upstate NY to Denver. I had absolutely no concerns about the car getting here safely and highly recommend them.

I just had mine shipped from Austin TX to Washington DC in an open container. I had no issues with it, when it came all it had was one bird poop stain. I paid around $700

I paid about 1150 for LA to my door here in NE Florida, top deck open transporter. When I sold it recently, the buyer paid about 1050 to go back to San Fran, same manner.

My advice, as the guy who picks it up will mark every tiny scuff on a very small diagram of the car that renders it worthless for a claim, is to print out large photos of each angle of the car, and mark those instead. Then photo copy and sign off on those, if they will take it.

Skafia had his Alex Z edition shipped from Michigan to Cali, might want to give him a message

I paid $1549 for a fully enclosed transport from Royal Oak MI, to SoCal. It took about 4 days for Montway to find a third-party to pick up my car, and another 2 days for the car to actually be picked up. After it was hitched, it took about 7 days or so. The company that Montway booked for me was Global Auto Carrier Inc. at 413-626-7252 and the driver was Serge. He delivered the car earlier than expected with zero added damages and he was very thorough with the damage inspection. I was shitting bricks when he sent me the picture of the damage report before he put the car on the truck, dots all over the place. But when the car arrived, they were just very very very very very minor blemishes as you would expect on an old car. He also transported extra parts and took very good care of my car. I asked Serge if he had transported NSXs or high end cars before and he laughed and said yes. When he arrived, my NSX was the cheapest car on the truck :(.

All in all, Montway is cheap and fast but you don't really know who they'll book and your experience with the third party might vary. Next time, I would probably try to call Serge at Global Auto Carrier directly, but they don't have many trucks so it'll probably take a while.

21047442128_a05c922a31_b.jpg

21047462398_fc0f65d0fc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back