• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transportation to vegas expo

Just wondering if anyone from this side of town plans on attending, and if yes by plane or will the cars be coming along. If we get a group going we can have our cars shipped on a ten car hauler and price would be reasonable if we can fill up the truck roundtrip. I love vegas and will go with the X or not but would love to join in on all the fun with her by my side.

Just wondering if anyone from this side of town plans on attending, and if yes by plane or will the cars be coming along. If we get a group going we can have our cars shipped on a ten car hauler and price would be reasonable if we can fill up the truck roundtrip. I love vegas and will go with the X or not but would love to join in on all the fun with her by my side.
Mike, What do mean by "reasonable" $$ ? You got connections? You know, being in the auto business yourself. I looked into this round trip 10 car shipping thing last year and costs were high. What do you hear? I'm all ears. :smile:

If you are looking at a 10 car hauler then you would be using an open trailer, not something that is too appealing considering the exposure to all the cars on such a long round trip cross country.

We have used Intercity several times with the longest being round trip to California. I don't know what you consider to be "reasonable" expenses but we paid approximately $2100 per car round trip at a time when fuel costs were half of what they are today. That was for a 7 car enclosed transporter.

And just a reminder the event is for NSXCA members only so make sure the dues are paid up so add $40 to the cost of your transport. :wink:

If you are looking at a 10 car hauler then you would be using an open trailer, not something that is too appealing considering the exposure to all the cars on such a long round trip cross country.

We have used Intercity several times with the longest being round trip to California. I don't know what you consider to be "reasonable" expenses but we paid approximately $2100 per car round trip at a time when fuel costs were half of what they are today. That was for a 7 car enclosed transporter.

And just a reminder the event is for NSXCA members only so make sure the dues are paid up so add $40 to the cost of your transport. :wink:

Exactly. That's why we decided to fly ................ and, if we can afford the time, drive it. That would be the most fun of all considering how I got lost going through Binghamton! :biggrin::biggrin:

I do not plan attending Vegas due to not having my car but if a reasonable hauler cost could be arranged I would go. Mike, let us know the price covered and not and we'll see how many takers there will be.

Thanks for looking into it.

Tytus

Calls from tow companies came pooring in today after I put in a request on dealer dispatch and here are the potential results.
-10 car hauler round trip $1500 per nsx (uncovered but insured)
-10 car hauler round trip $1800 per nsx (uncovered but insured)
-10 car hauler 1 way $800 per nsx(uncovered but insured) and we can possibly drive back with this option.
-7 car hauler ENCLOSED roundtrip($2000)
-Still negotiating with 2 or more companies, however it is quite expensive if we go this route, and the time and road nicks to our hoods would not be worth it for us to drive.

If none of this works out, let's at least all fly together out of NYC and get hammered on the plane. :smile:

Besides, I want to save some dough for the dice tables and cigars!

If you can't fill the truck with folks in the Northeast, you may be able to do so by going in with folks in the closest part of the Midwest. Click here.

I'd be interested in shipping my car out there.... one way is more appealing... so I can get hammered on the plane, have money for the tables and the steak, and drive home w/ the top off.

I'd be interested in shipping my car out there.... one way is more appealing... so I can get hammered on the plane, have money for the tables and the steak, and drive home w/ the top off.

I'm with ya Tom on the one-way deal. Let's get it done!
Rich :biggrin:

Here is an idea, see what you folks think.

Two or possibly three NSX’s plus my tow vehicle (Toyota SUV - V8) drive from NY to Pottstown, PA.

There, we pick up an enclosed trailer (two week rental = $227/wk) and put one NSX in it.
http://www.tptrailersinc.com/store/...ED-CAR-TRAILER-85-X-20-OSCARItem_5=77559.aspx

Other NSX’s drive I-76 to Harrisburg, PA. alongside Toyota w/trailer. Then I-81s to Knoxville, TN.

On to I-40 w to Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock. There we remove the NSX and put a different one in the trailer.

On to OK City, Amarillo. Switch NSX’s again if desired. Play this by ear.

On I-40 w continue to Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Kingman.

Northwest on rt 93 to Vegas.

Each NSX owner pay fair portion of trailer rental and fuel cost of SUV while his NSX is in trailer.

Repeat all of this for the return trip home.

There is a lot of flexibility here. We can rent more than one trailer also, if we like. If we each got a trailer, we could drive areas that we like only. Let's brainstorm and come up with something like this, anyway.

Could be fun. Wives can fly out there and meet us.
You can drive the segments that you like with your car and you do not have to drive the total distance.

I am in the process of negotiation with Intercity at the moment for a 6-car enclosed rig round trip from NJ. I need to know within a week or so, what each one of you would be willing to pay for round trip from a central location.

IC would need a confirmed commitment with deposit in order to give us the absolute lowest price. Let me know the max you can spend somewhere around $1900. Door-to-door adds to the cost because of the additional single flatbead, so let's stay away from that. These guys give your car the "white glove" treatment so the only real issue is the cost. Please keep in mind that you will be flying out for the event, your car will be there before you arrive, and you will use minimum vacation days from work. PLMK. :smile:

Hey guys, Anyone think it might be better to drive out to Vegas, spend the weekend then ship back home? Maybe its cheaper? Its nice driving out there knowing you'll be gambling, drinking and eating once you're there! :biggrin:

I would be up for the one-way drive, as long as it was in the going West direction and the lower route (I-40 from Knoxville). I-80 could really suck around Halloween time. Maybe we should check a carrier out there for a cost going East?

What do others think? Please post.

Back