• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trip FROM HELL/ Warning Don't buy this car.

As a few of you know I recently ended ebay auction item # 1874094080. 1991 Red/Black 39K miles for $ 28,900. Good Deal Right?
No not really,
Carfax turned out great, Dealer- Thunder Row
represented the car as a 9 out of ten. No paint or body work and 2 owner car.I had them e-mail me additional pictures and they looked good, but you need to see these cars in person.
Rear exhaust tips bottoms completely ground off? Rear valance badly scraped like they backed over a curb. Both rocker panels loose and body and paint work evident. Rust, yes rust, on exhaust brackets and radiator mountings. Front lights did not have consistent spacing. Interior-radio face display clouded, and center console plastic piece was wasted!They only had one key for the car, and it was a hardware store copy. Once I pointed these out the mood got ugly and unprofessional, I maintained composure and learned a valuable lesson. A waste of a day and $800.00 in airline tickets!
I just dont want anyone else to fall for this car, as it will probable be relisted.
1991 R/B Vin # JH4NA115XMT.

Oh man, sorry to hear that! It's amazing how deceiving photos can be. I supersized every pic in that auction listing, and the car appears flawless in them.

Next time have an NSX owner check the car before you fly out, if possible.

Thanks for the update, and good luck with your search...

I know I should have waited and had a local check it out.
So much for honesty and Integrity, on this guys part.
An expensive lesson. I will search for a local cars from now on.

OH YEA! I just checked on ebay and that car was re-listed an hour after I left the dealer he states that I flaked out.

He seems really desperate to sell this car now. Item # 1874861814

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME !

Correct me if I am wrong,but I have noticed that there are a lot of dealers bidding on a lot of NSXs in ebay. Insted of money laundering it looks a lot like car laundering. Buyer beware from some of these so called dealers. The first thing I did was call a third party inspection to go over the car,most will accept credit cards then make a decision. Small scratches or other minor problems put you in the drivers seat for negotiations on price because these dealers are always saying the car is perfect then later saying they failed to see this or that problem when they are in front of the car every day. Going to stop now before my blood pressure goes out of sight.

------------------
http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/

Originally posted by NSXADDICT:
An expensive lesson. I will search for a local cars from now on.

I wouldn't limit myself to local cars. However, I would not commit to buy a car without a local NSXer and/or a dealer (or otherwise qualified) NSX tech looking it over before I actually got on an airplane. The local will probably be happy to check it out for free, and an hour or two of a tech's time costs a lot less than an airline ticket.

I also think that eBay is an extremely risky place to buy a car, for this very reason.

I would not hesitate to buy a car from an NSX enthusiast (such as an NSXprime member) though. The truly "perfect" cars are likely to get advertised privately in places such as NSXprime, and to get snapped up very quickly.

I have to laugh about what Akudousan is saying.
On the flip side of the coin, if you trade a car in they are sure to notice the flaws then.
Makes you wonder how they only can see the car they are buying from you but the one they sell is "Perfect".
Another thing I encountered is the "We don't add any trade value for low milage"
They damn sure do on the sell side!
Sorry about the crappy trip. Just think of it as another lesson in honesty and car sales. They rarely seem to go hand in hand.

On the bright side, their eBay user seems incompetent at leaving feedback and gave you Praise instead of a Complaint..hahahaha

I better stop responding I think he found this site and he sent me some ugly emails for my files.
Its only a car.

Just a car.

Time for us all to move on.

Thank you everyone for your support.

There will be other cars. Oh, NSX's of course

NSXADDICT have you checked out what the dealer has to say about you? Sounds like you rattled his chain good. He is crybabying so bad that he sounds like a youngster that has had his little red wagon taken away. ROF
Originally posted by NSXADDICT:
OH YEA! I just checked on ebay and that car was re-listed an hour after I left the dealer he states that I flaked out.

He seems really desperate to sell this car now. Item # 1874861814

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME !

Maybe I'm just an internet snob, but anyone who has been on the net for at least six months and still types in all caps just can't be taken seriously.

HAR - you're definitely further above the fray than I would be, the guy totally ripped your credibility, said you simply couldnt afford the car and made up these excuses for not buying it.

If his idea of feedback of "praise" is calling someone an "IDIOT COMPLETE JACK", i'd hate to see his complaints!

Hell, I'd go down ther If I was within an hour. the chances are that the car Does have Some paintwork somewhere. If he has written that he'll give it to you if you can prove it, Id go check it out, then make him squirm if its not all there!!!

Seems like fun for a Saturday afternoon!!!

smile.gif

Steve

I am really sorry to hear it didn't work out. What a waste of a plane ticket
frown.gif
I figured since you said you already had your tix, you were gonna come up no matter what...so I didn't try too hard to get out of the office to go check it out. Slimeball used car dudes!!

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

Yeah, I know I guess i just got excited. I am so anal about cars it is best that i go and see them with my own eyes.

I think it is a disease or something.
My only therapy seems to be driving at high speeds and then wiping down my car.

Back