• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

True keyless?

So I did some searching about RFID on the forum and noticed not much new showing up on this front. So does anybody know what the best kit for the NSX is these days. Like all technology this is constantly evolving. I'd like to have a smart key similar to my other cars. Lock, unlock and auto start. Heck maybe I'll go insane and get a start button. Who knows. If I did however, what's out there new on the market over the last year? Anything?

I have the Advanced Keys system in my car. http://advancedkeys.com/

It is pure keyless with a RFID card, security, and push to start button.

WP_20131204_0011_zps63e2663a.jpg

Installation was pretty straight forward, if you are a little mechanically inclined.

Last edited:
its bypassed they will not mess with wheel lock as they would be liable for it locking during driving

I installed the advanced key system with push button start couple of years ago, myself. It arms and disarms the factory alarm. I later wanted an aftermarket alarm system for it, and realized it would not work with the advanced key system. So last month I removed the advanced key rfid, and used the push button start system with a Compustar alarm with their FT-EZ GO RFID system. Works like a charm, and still arms and disarms the factory alarm at the same time. I installed the push button where the cigarette lighter was in the ashtray. I have the steering lock disabled, so it's full keyless. But if I have to park my car in closed public places for an extended amount of time, like a mall parking lot, I will put on a steering club.

I currently have a Zenesis alarm and it's starting to act up. I am debating which route to go, but now knowing Compustar has an RFID system, I am more inclined to go with them. I do not want to go with another smaller Canadian company and seeing it go tits up after a few years.

What about newer NSX's that have the immobilizer key? Will the advanced keys work with that?

Last edited:
Back