• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk Space

Down the the important things in LIFE...can I get two sets of golf clubs into and out of the trunk of an NSX?(No Pro Bags, just carry. It looks spacious enough, but I am curious about the opening size.)

------------------
-ths

I have always heard it is possible, depending on the type of golf bag you have. My one set fits without any trouble at all.

I'm not a big golfer but I think it depends on whether you have the factory cell phone. Mine is next to the CD player and both use up precious trunk space (lengthwise that is).

------------------
91 Blk/Blk

[This message has been edited by NSX2398 (edited 14 August 2002).]

Cool, Cool, Cool!! This NSX thing is looking better and better! Grew up in the TRUE Detroit Muscle Era (69-71), not that three years qualify as an era, but old habits die hard. I did, however, test drive a '94 NSX and I'm nearly addicted.

Thanks all for the info and quick responses. What a great site with Great Ethics!!

I have been able to fit two regulation (10.5 in) golf bags in the trunk of my NSX with no problem. You do however have to remove your driver and fairway woods and aly them beside the bag if you have the factory CD changer.

All the time!!!

I have the phone AND the CD Changer and these are 2 old man, break the caddi's back type of bags. I find the best way is to tilt the clubs heads (like they are going to start falling out - but don't let them) towards the drivers side. They sit nice in the recess and back of the bag is against the phone (if you have one). Then move the first bag all the way to the back and repeat with the second bag.

I do not pop the trunk at the bag drop as the kids will bang up your car getting them out and slam the trunk closed.

You don't have to tip them as much cause you did most the work and they are too in awe of the car to noice how much you gave them!

;-)

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Theres more room in that trunk then people think there is. I think people underestimate the size of that trunk. I used to use mine as a daily driver/grocery getter before I got my other 2 vehicles:wink:

Now my trunk holds a 2 amp rack with 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 800x4 and 500x2 and my battery was moved from the front to the trunk...and still plenty of room:tongue:

huckster said:
heck ya, and didnt i see somewhere that the 'room for two golf bags' was actually being used as a selling point??

Actually, I have been told (but I can't remember the source) that the ability to hold two golf bags in the NSX's trunk was, in fact, a design requirement for the car, since the president of Honda is/was a golfer.

btcog82 said:
Now my trunk holds a 2 amp rack with 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch 800x4 and 500x2 and my battery was moved from the front to the trunk...and still plenty of room:tongue:
Hi Brandon,

Now i know why you are on a forum.
You probably couldn't hear someone if they were just talking to you in person.:biggrin: :biggrin:

I took my NSX camping this year. Here's what we fit.

Two lawn chairs.
One four-man tent.
Two full backbacks. (like hiking style, not school)
Two sleeping bags.
Two 26-ounce bottles of rum.
Two jackets.
One jug of coolant.
One litre of oil.

It took us almost a half four to pack it in there, but it worked just fine. You can fit more than you could imagine in there.

Last edited:
so you are debating buying a NSX based on whether or not golf clubs fit in the trunk.:confused:

Boy it takes all kinds to make up our NSX gang.:biggrin:

comtec said:
Hi Brandon,

Now i know why you are on a forum.
You probably couldn't hear someone if they were just talking to you in person.:biggrin: :biggrin:

:wink:

Honestly, it's more show then what I listen to. I ride around with soft rock or country playing..softly, and when I go out with others or want to blast some kid who has a big ole' Yukon with all the space in the world and 2 lil' speakers in it, I let em' have it

Back