• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trying to find some easy answers...

I have been searching for this for so long my head is hurting and now I just want to take an easy way out and ask instead of searching for the answer anymore.

How likely is it for someone that is 6 ft 2, 250 lbs and has a size 15 shoe to feel comfortable in the driver's seat of a NSX? I am considering buying one, but finding a NSX in NM much less someone that is willing to let you try to fit in behind the driver's seat is almost impossible to do.

I am ready to buy one and the only one I have ever been in was as a passenger of a NSX-T with the top off. I am buying a sports car as a gift to myself and the NSX is something I have always dreamed of buying.

I don't know the answer to your question as I am 5'8" myself. However, I do know there is an aftermarket seat cushion made by Dali Racing that replaces the oem one. This is made to give you a little more room for the taller fellas'.

Also, you can scroll down on the forums to the "Southwest Forum" and post a need to test fit your body in a NSX in New Mexico. You will find most NSX guys are willing to help you out.

Good luck.

Jeff

I don't know the answer to your question as I am 5'8" myself. However, I do know there is an aftermarket seat cushion made by Dali Racing that replaces the oem one. This is made to give you a little more room for the taller fellas'.

Also, you can scroll down on the forums to the "Southwest Forum" and post a need to test fit your body in a NSX in New Mexico. You will find most NSX guys are willing to help you out.

Good luck.

Jeff

+1 you just got to get in the car a check out your 6' 2" and 250 lbs getting in, getting out and your comfort when in. If this does not work for you, then my "personal" view is you may view the car as a "pain in the a$$" over time.....

I know. I have been looking for someone that would let me try my body fit, but haven't had any luck yet. I don't think I will have any problem getting in and out of it without an issue because I was able to do so with my old 99 Viper GTS ACR without a problem and I weighed 120 lbs more then.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to post in the SW forum.

I have been searching for this for so long my head is hurting and now I just want to take an easy way out and ask instead of searching for the answer anymore.

How likely is it for someone that is 6 ft 2, 250 lbs and has a size 15 shoe to feel comfortable in the driver's seat of a NSX? I am considering buying one, but finding a NSX in NM much less someone that is willing to let you try to fit in behind the driver's seat is almost impossible to do.

I am ready to buy one and the only one I have ever been in was as a passenger of a NSX-T with the top off. I am buying a sports car as a gift to myself and the NSX is something I have always dreamed of buying.

I wear a size 12. Even if your body fits your feet will not.

No way with size 15. Can you drive barefoot and cut off a few toes? :biggrin:

No way with size 15. Can you drive barefoot and cut off a few toes? :biggrin:

I'll be glad to help with the foot shortening procedure. :biggrin:

I'm 6'2" weigh 200 and the car fits me like a glove. It has plenty of headroom (coupe) and the seat can still go back a little more. I wear size 12-13 EE shoes and most fit without a problem...size 15 could be a little tricky. Search for cars "For Sale" within driving distance and go take one for a spin, or come visit Disney World and drive mine. Good luck!

I am 6'3.5" wiegh 230lbs size 13 shoe. Though fitting in the car isn't the problem, I've had the oupe and currently the T, your shoe size will be the problem. My 13's are a problem, so 15's probably won't work.

I am 6'2".. 2... let's say I am north of your weight by a margin. with 12.5 shoe size.

as others have stated.. your height/weight are not issues.. your shoe size is.

with 12.5 shoe size I am already having issues with my shoe making contacts with the brake paddle while on throttle. you might be SOL if you are a true 15. :(

Maybe shaving the brake paddle might be an option.. but it's hard to say unless you get into one.

I am 6'5in, 195 lb, size 15 feets. I have no problems with feet & pedals. You may have a problem with the width of the seat vs the width of you. Head room is a slight problem for me, probably won't be for you unless you have a long torso. I think as long as you stay away from dress shoes where the soles extend outward you will be fine. I sometimes catch the pedals on my Corolla due to this, have never driven Zanardi in dress shoes so can't say for sure one way or the other.

Where are you at in NM? There are quite a few of us here in the Albuquerque area.

I am moving to Rio Rancho at the end of the month and plan on buying a car between now and the end of the Summer.

I am going to go check how I fit in a NSX by the weekend. Thanks to another Primer, I know exactly where I can go to see how well I will (or won't) fit.

If I am unable to fit well in the NSX, any suggestions as to what I might want to consider? I know I WANT the NSX, but I will not become a contortionist to be able to drive it. ;) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I do know that the issue will be my foot size with any car. Unfortunately I am unable to remove my toes but am more than willing to drive barefoot for the right car. Why do I have the funny feeling finding a car that I can drive with my foot size will be like trying to find the foot that fit the glass slipper?

Steve

Last edited:
I stopped by an Acura dealer here in NM that has one on display. I was going to be able to test fit it, but the owner that had the keys to it was unavailable. I will try again on another date.

The 91 Red/Blk NSX they have on display only has 9k miles on it. :eek: I was told they have turned down offers of $50k for it.

I stopped by an Acura dealer here in NM that has one on display. I was going to be able to test fit it, but the owner that had the keys to it was unavailable. I will try again on another date.

The 91 Red/Blk NSX they have on display only has 9k miles on it. :eek: I was told they have turned down offers of $50k for it.

Thats ok you can find other early year low milage for much less.

That in my "personal view" is total BS. Having seen other NSX's over the years with ultra low miles, $50K was not it. I'll bet this car has only oil changes (maybe) as records, if that :mad::mad:

Most dealer and I say most, are a crock of crap. Having said that, every dealership has a true person doing a great job for the customer. Just have to hook up with the right one.

I'm very familiar with that car. Unfortunately, I wouldn't pay very much for it now. It was going to go in their showroom originally, but they had it sitting outside for as long as I can remember (at least five years). It's endured sun, rain, snow, and several years of the sandblasting New Mexico wind. The car has not been driven much if any at all, and I can imagine that there are a lot of things just waiting to go wrong with that car once it starts seeing miles again. At the very least, the air conditioner is probably shot since it hasn't been run in forever. The paint hasn't been protected with wax, and the leather on the interior has probably dried up as well. When they first got the car, I was stoked to see it at the dealership. Now, after the years of neglect, it's just sad. To have an Acura dealer do that to their flagship sports car is pathetic. I've voiced my concern with a few of the folks there, but to no avail.

If I knew someone was serious about buying this car, I'd tell them to go in armed with the info I'm telling right now and offer them a lot less than 50k for it. Given their treatment of the car, I don't think the dealer is attached to the car as they might have originally intended to be. On a positive note, the car was a one-owner car from Santa Fe, and I'm pretty sure the dealer is the only one to have ever serviced the car (meaning they have all the records).

Back on topic, four of us local NSXers live in Rio Rancho, or right next to it!

I will not buy that car. I just was try to tell you what they have asked for it and how little miles are on it. I learned the hard way about buying new old stock previously and will NEVER do that again. I picked up an 88 Range Rover back in 2000 with 11k miles on it from a dealer that had it in VA. I ended up listing my mechanic on my taxes in Jan 2001 as a dependent.

Now, back on topic, I am now actively looking for a NSX as I start revising my list of requirements. So far, I have come up with 3 items on the list:

1.) NSX may be any color other than red or neon green. ;)
2.) Not an automatic.
3.) Lime green and red are not an option.

I don't know about foot size but I know the tall guys who have long legs fit. It's the tall guys who have their height in their torso, that don't fit.

I don't know about foot size but I know the tall guys who have long legs fit. It's the tall guys who have their height in their torso, that don't fit.

+1 The NSX has more leg room than any other car I've ever owned. It is the only car I've had where I don't drive with the seat all the way back. I'm only 6' though.

Honestly, I don't see how all of these people taller than 6'1" tall and above have "Lots of room" I barely fit and I weigh 200 lbs and I am 6'1" tall. Now the factor in that is whether your torso is long or your legs are. I say if you can fit a racing helmet on while in the car than you are comfortable in all positions sitting. Most people 6' tall and above will not fit that profile. I am currently looking for more headroom now. I racing seat cushion is okay but isn't the savior for room. For most seats that are in good shape you will destroy the bottom cushion in order to replace it with a Dali seat. I tried and gave up after seeing how much it would change my car.

My personal opinion is the Acura NSX isn't meant for tall people one bit. It is ideal for someone 5'10" tall and 180 lbs. The bigger you are from that the more challenges you will feel along the way. The weight can be an issue as well. I am in good shape and a buddy of mine who is shorter than me but has 45 lbs on me didn't look comfortable in the car one bit.

Honestly, I don't see how all of these people taller than 6'1" tall and above have "Lots of room" I barely fit and I weigh 200 lbs and I am 6'1" tall. Now the factor in that is whether your torso is long or your legs are. I say if you can fit a racing helmet on while in the car than you are comfortable in all positions sitting. Most people 6' tall and above will not fit that profile. I am currently looking for more headroom now. I racing seat cushion is okay but isn't the savior for room. For most seats that are in good shape you will destroy the bottom cushion in order to replace it with a Dali seat. I tried and gave up after seeing how much it would change my car.

My personal opinion is the Acura NSX isn't meant for tall people one bit. It is ideal for someone 5'10" tall and 180 lbs. The bigger you are from that the more challenges you will feel along the way. The weight can be an issue as well. I am in good shape and a buddy of mine who is shorter than me but has 45 lbs on me didn't look comfortable in the car one bit.

Damn straight. Leave these awesome cars to us short people! You already steal all our women, so let us have these cars. :tongue::biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

"Good shape"? Hardly! Until you can run that 5K in uner 25 minutes, I won't let you have that one. Haha!!! :tongue::biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Back