• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TT LEXUS vs NOS NSX

This is not the place for this thread.

for what it's worth....the stock 5-spd can only handle 380 rwhp (~440 at the crank) before it snaps. anything more, then you need to have a 6-spd.

Allen

Sorry to add to a thread that most probably don't like, but THAT was supposed to be a race? It was a damn on-ramp and it didn't even look like there was much of a "race" to begin with. If this is supposed to be a documented kill video, then I understand why people here hate to talk about this crap.

The "race" was in the middle of traffic on a busy road....how can you really let your car run in a situation like that? Besides, both of these guys were all over the road, and darting in and out of traffic. I'm sorry, but if your're going to pull these stunts on public streets, then don't use other cars like they are cones on a road course to maneuver around. Get some space and have some common sense....no matter how nice your car is, you have no god-given right to drive like an idiot.

Seeing an NSX cutting people off in traffic really chaps my hide.......that person you cut off will be the a-hole who keys my car one day. People forget about the tons of mini-vans who piss them off, but the one NSX they will never forget. They may take out their agression on a similar car given the chance!

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

Ladman, you've posted this topic before and got no real responses. Why do it again?

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 05 September 2002).]

By the way you can't make 700 hp with TT unless you have the HKS 3037 kit or the blitz kit and that kit alone is $12,000. You need alot of this $ to make 700 hp trust me I'm good friend with Lance at Toyomoto, and yes you need the 6 speed to make 700 hp.

Originally posted by X-TNSIV:
for what it's worth....the stock 5-spd can only handle 380 rwhp (~440 at the crank) before it snaps. anything more, then you need to have a 6-spd.

Allen

Allen-
I am curious what your are basing this on?
Wait are you talking about the Lexus or the NSX tranny?

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 05 September 2002).]

I read this post and contemplated whether I should comment or not. I watched the video and read a few more posts from Ladman's link.

"The NSX was fully modded & had 100 or 150shot of NOS."

Unfortunately for them...I know the guy with the NSX. Not fully modded actually only has air filter, exhaust and, 70 shot of nitrous.
Personally, I think its a great video on what not to do on a public road. I have yet to see many SC 3/400s on a road course. I know that this will probably start a flame war. But damn, facts are facts...700 or whatever that car had is faster than an NSX with 70 shot NOS. Hopefully we will see some of these awesome cars at Buttonwillow...

Originally posted by Sig:
Allen-
I am curious what your are basing this on?
Wait are you talking about the Lexus or the NSX tranny?

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 05 September 2002).]

I was talking about the Lexus/Toyota Stock 5-spd tranny that comes with the 2JZ-GE motors, not the NSX.

Allen

you call that a race? please. also, the lexus is one ugly car, looks like an egg, that fell. id rather push a slow nsx than drive a fast lexus.

Back