• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tubi exhaust makes nasty farting noise when letting off throttle??

got a tubi exhaust on the NSX. Whenever I let off the throttle and put the car in neutral, right when it crosses 3k rpm all the way to idle, it makes a nasty VERY bad sounding farting noise....anyone have similar experiences with this exhaust?

Edmo7 said:
got a tubi exhaust on the NSX. Whenever I let off the throttle and put the car in neutral, right when it crosses 3k rpm all the way to idle, it makes a nasty VERY bad sounding farting noise....anyone have similar experiences with this exhaust?

Hi

Mine does not fart it "gurgles" :)

Do a search here on prime and you will find a lot of threads disussing the gurgle sound.

You can hear the gurgle sound at the end of this clip.

Regards

Your exhaust probably ate something from <B>Donwon</B>'s avatar. :rolleyes:

<B>Martin</B> : hehe... that's a cool little clip. Is that you getting into the car to rev it?

NeoNSX said:
Your exhaust probably ate something from <B>Donwon</B>'s avatar. :rolleyes:

<B>Martin</B> : hehe... that's a cool little clip. Is that you getting into the car to rev it?

Hi

Neo yes it is me rev'ing. Just put my Powershot S40 behind the NSX and reve'ed away.

The gurgle sound is very nice when driving slow downhill in town.

To call the gurgle a fart noise is not fair.. :)

Regards

Edmo7 said:
A gurgle would be nice....but this really sounds like a FART or something coming loose. Maybe there's something wrong with my exhaust.....

Hi

Okey. Sounds like something is wrong.

Regards

Mine has a slight rattle as it drops down through ~1500rpm. I think my cat heat shield might be causing a rattle at the same time due to the vibration from the gurgle. Is there any harm in removing the heat shield off the catalytic altogether?

Edmo: You should check to see if anything is loose by having someone else drop the revs while you observe from the back.

Check with Tubi...I have heard that the exhaust notes change do to a break in period of some sort...good luck with the Tubi sound...by the way...there isn't per say a lingering odor to compliment the situation is there...? sorry It came out and I couldn't stop it :D

I bought my '91 a few months ago and it has Tubi exhaust on it, it had a TERRIBLE gurgle when I bought it. The previous owner had "test pipes" in it and it was loud! He gave me the stock cats which I put back in, NO MORE GURGLE! :D

digimanoc said:
The previous owner had "test pipes" in it and it was loud! He gave me the stock cats which I put back in, NO MORE GURGLE! :D

Hi

For me the gurgle sound _is_ Tubi so I would hate to loose it.

But thats me

Regards

Back