• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tubi Style

I want to put a Tubi Style exhaust from my 97 NSX on my 04. Anybody know if it will fit before I start taking things apart? I know the the duel tips will not work with the rear valance but thats not a problem....new tips will take care of that but not sure if there was Honda exhaust mods done to the stock 04. Anybody know?

As Ary noted, you will need the different style adaptors to work with your cats. If you don't want to buy adaptors, you can cut and modify the existing ones.

If youneed help, just give us a call.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I have a 92 but w/ oem 02+ rear valence. The Tubi tips WILL fit if you have them adjusted and extended a tad. The shop I went to did a fantastic job of aligning things up...took about 4-5 hours TWICE!!

Jeff

Tubi with 4" Magnaflow tips

after2.jpg

after1.jpg

I have a 92 but w/ oem 02+ rear valence. The Tubi tips WILL fit if you have them adjusted and extended a tad. The shop I went to did a fantastic job of aligning things up...took about 4-5 hours TWICE!!

Jeff

Really! I have a 94 and I have been contemplating a 02+ rear valence. However, I have always been told that my Tubi will not fit with 02+ rear valence unless I change the tip to a single ones. Since I am also in SoCal, can you point me to your shop so I can maybe update to the 02+ rear valence... Also, can you post some pictures of your car? Thanks in advance...

Really! I have a 94 and I have been contemplating a 02+ rear valence. However, I have always been told that my Tubi will not fit with 02+ rear valence unless I change the tip to a single ones. Since I am also in SoCal, can you point me to your shop so I can maybe update to the 02+ rear valence... Also, can you post some pictures of your car? Thanks in advance...

Bet you it also has melted his valence. :redface:

Jeff, it looks great. I have one more question. On my tip, it seems the outside one is much dirtier than the inside one on both sides. Seems like more exhaust is going through the outside tip. On you picture, both seems dirty. Am I doing something wrong?

Jeff, it looks great. I have one more question. On my tip, it seems the outside one is much dirtier than the inside one on both sides. Seems like more exhaust is going through the outside tip. On you picture, both seems dirty. Am I doing something wrong?

Steven
I haven't done anything special. I have production #2 if it matters. Check w/ Jose.

Jeff

Steven
I haven't done anything special. I have production #2 if it matters. Check w/ Jose.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

When you say #2 do you mean the original batch with the pipes extending from the back of the canister and no clamps to adjust the tips? I know you may have modified it, but it matters which "batch" you are referring to, when we talk about "meltdown":)

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Jeff,

When you say #2 do you mean the original batch with the pipes extending from the back of the canister and no clamps to adjust the tips? I know you may have modified it, but it matters which "batch" you are referring to, when we talk about "meltdown":)

Regards,
LarryB

Larry

It is the 2nd one that Tubi made and not version 2. It does not have clamps to adjust the tips. Hope this helps.

Jeff

I will try to remember to measure the tips left to right and overall diameter of each one. You can then compare it with your setup to see if there will be an issue.

Jeff

Tips are 5 5/8" edge to edge left to right. Each tip 2 1/4" overall diameter. There is about a 1/4" gap between the pipe and the valence. I know the shop had to add some extensions to the tips. I like the look better anyway as the tip is more exposed but not too far to burn your leg. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Last edited:
Larry

It is the 2nd one that Tubi made and not version 2. It does not have clamps to adjust the tips. Hope this helps.

Jeff

The reason I asked is that this early type (just like the one I have, #10:)) has the exhaust coming from the back of the exhuast baffle and has a long length of pipe to get to the tip. This early type generated MUCH less heat at the tip.

The newer version, which is more like the RM Racing design, where the tip takes a right angle turn out of the side of the exhaust baffle, is WAY hotter at the tip.

Therefore depending on the version of Tubi, your rear valance may survive, or may melt down.

HTH,
LarryB

The reason I asked is that this early type (just like the one I have, #10:)) has the exhaust coming from the back of the exhuast baffle and has a long length of pipe to get to the tip. This early type generated MUCH less heat at the tip.

The newer version, which is more like the RM Racing design, where the tip takes a right angle turn out of the side of the exhaust baffle, is WAY hotter at the tip.

Therefore depending on the version of Tubi, your rear valance may survive, or may melt down.

HTH,
LarryB

So, Larry, I have the ones with clamps. Does that mean mine is the version 2 and runs hotter?

HTH,
LarryB

Larry, if that is the only design difference, can he just have the shop move the pipe to exit from the back like ours and seal the side of the baffle?

Jeff

So, Larry, I have the ones with clamps. Does that mean mine is the version 2 and runs hotter?

Yes. If you look the exit from the "can" is on the side with only a small distance to the tip. I have seen MANY melted valances based on the RM Racing design, which is identical.

Regards,
LaryrB

Larry, if that is the only design difference, can he just have the shop move the pipe to exit from the back like ours and seal the side of the baffle?

Jeff

Sure, but this is like a completely new exhaust:). You would need to disassemble, unpack, reweld, repack, etc. Does not seem very practical to me, JMO.

Regards,
LarryB

Sure, but this is like a completely new exhaust:). You would need to disassemble, unpack, reweld, repack, etc. Does not seem very practical to me, JMO.

Regards,
LarryB

I thought the RM tips were MUCH bigger though. I used to own one way back when but don't have a size off hand. Found this heat tape online to withstand up to 1100 F radiant heat...not sure if it's enough. He can find out with a temp gun.

http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/heat_shield_tape.php

I don't have one to measure the temp on mine but would consider the tape as a backup plan.

Another thought, wouldn't putting exhaust wrap on the exhaust piping help? Maybe even do both the wrap and the tape.

http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/exhaust_wrap.php

Jeff

Last edited:
Back