• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tuning done, finally I can drive my car

Well after a long year I can finally drive my turbo car. I took the car to Dan at Batlground Performance in Atlanta to do the dyno tuning and he knockedt out with no problems. Man knows the AEM. Car ended up with 423rwhp and 336ftlbs of torque at 8psi. I had Dan speed map the boost so the car does not loose traction at all. Just point and shoot.:biggrin: :eek: VERY FAST:biggrin: :eek: I'll post the dyno as soon as batlground emails them to me.

Awesome! Congrats on the great numbers! What RPMs does the boost begin to spool and when does it kick in? Can't believe you had to wait a year but I bet it's tons o' fun now! :smile:

When you say he speed matched the boost so you don't break the tires loose doesn't that have to do more with your tires and not boost? Your tires will break if you are say, on a dusty road or coming around a bend, than if you are on a straight. So if he's trying to keep you from breaking loose conservatively he may be shorting your some power. You're probably better off just giving you as much boost as possible and throttle controlling the boost so you can get a feel for when the tires break. Otherwise, if you get too used to mashing the pedal than in less than ideal situations if you mash the pedal the car might break loose when you won't be expecting it. And once you (inevitably :tongue:) pump up the boost, you'll have tire breakage issues all over the place so you might as well get used to now. :biggrin:

But it's of course entirely up to you. Just a suggestion because I've learned with my turbo you have to really be extra careful in throttle controlling the boost, especially on turns and (here in Vegas) dusty roads. Learning the boost points and tire break points have really saved my butt from putting my car into a wall. When Factor X loaned me their BFG drag radials I could just slam the gas and not worry about breaking the tires loose. I got pretty lazy because I could just hammer the pedal. But when I got my Bridgestones back on, I had to be a million times more careful because the tires would break so easily. I really had to get a feel for when the boost was spooling and when it would kick because the power came on so quickly. But in the end it really helped me get a feel for my turbo. Now I can almost dial in a boost level on sound without having to look at the guage and I know where to hold it to keep the boost from building up too quickly and kicking out my tires.

Congrats again on the great numbers. How many more months.. make that weeks... :tongue: before you kick up the boost? (Mine was 2 :biggrin:)

good nunbers on only 8 psi....

any internal work done? or just stock block?

how come it took a year?

4291dyno_run-med.jpg

Speed dependent boost works so that I can nail the throttle at any point and the boost will not instantly peak, but come on very smoothly so the car can be in motion before really putting the power down. Having high horsepower is useless spinning in one spot.:cool: I know I cant explain it very well, but a few other people are using this method of boost also. I know Devin should be able to explain it much better than me.

It started its life as a Cartech kit:mad: After several changes and Katrina my long wait is over:wink:

Stock block

Brett,

VERY nice. My TT setup was nowhere close. My car is coming down to the wire, see you at XPO, hopefully with my single turbo setup.

Tim

Attachments

• NAisBest.gif
    NAisBest.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 53
  • na is like having infinite turbo lag.jpg
    na is like having infinite turbo lag.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 53
  • NO-TUNE_NO-LIFE.gif
    NO-TUNE_NO-LIFE.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 69
Back