• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tuning problems with AEM and CTSC

Saturday my NSX was at the tuner for 550cc injectors, high boost pulley, walbro pump and the AEM ecu. But at full load one of the cilinders stops, there is no ignition. The other cilinders don't have any problems. Bougie gap is 0.7mm. They tried to set the dwell time at max, but that didn't resolve anything either. The charger also produced a lot of heat.

Since we had Time Attack yesterday we took out the 550cc's and put back the OEM ecu and we had no problems..

What are we doing wrong or are we missing something?

This is the info I got from the tuner, fyi, I have absolute no tuning knowledge ;)

Saturday my NSX was at the tuner for 550cc injectors, high boost pulley, walbro pump and the AEM ecu. But at full load one of the cilinders stops, there is no ignition. The other cilinders don't have any problems. Bougie gap is 0.7mm. They tried to set the dwell time at max, but that didn't resolve anything either. The charger also produced a lot of heat.

Since we had Time Attack yesterday we took out the 550cc's and put back the OEM ecu and we had no problems..

What are we doing wrong or are we missing something?

This is the info I got from the tuner, fyi, I have absolute no tuning knowledge ;)

So was it blowing out the spark on that cylinder under boost or was there no fire at all from that cylinder's coil?

No fire. Sparks new and fine. Gap at 0.7mm. The coil stopped working after 3600rpm and full load. When the injector is not connected the powerband is fine. Mixture too, it seems its just totally the coil who's not working.

Back