• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo Charger sizes and dyno/results

I am doing some research on what experiences people have had with different sized single turbo applications on their NSX. I am leaning on getting a smaller more responsive Turbo for street use But wanted to start a thread on what people have experienced.

Thanks

I am doing some research on what experiences people have had with different sized single turbo applications on their NSX. I am leaning on getting a smaller more responsive Turbo for street use But wanted to start a thread on what people have experienced.

Thanks

As long as you are doing the research, please write the results here.
Also... I always thought that doing research involved reading first, then perhaps
summarizing the results of the reading/research, then perhaps asking some questions from there.

I truly welcome you to prime, and please take this comment with a smile...

cheers,
--bruce

I'm running the GTX3076r with an open t4 exhaust housing. The results were as to be expected, excellent power down low, and a great turbo setup for under 500whp. Made 390whp at 6psi, and 446whp at ~8.5psi. I ran 11.9@120 at 6psi on the wastegate spring, this is how I drive the car everyday. Overall I'm very happy with the setup, power is right where I expected it.

More discussion can be found here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/144743-Turbo-sizing-and-recommendations-for-a-unopened-3-0?p=1390272&viewfull=1#post1390272

Last edited:
After look at nsx engine fire order, i can see why u want to do twin scroll on this v6

Last edited:
Pte5858 or gtx30r for under 500hp, bw s362 fmw, pte6266 or gtx35r for over 500hp

This is pretty much right on.

After look at nsx engine fire order, i can see why u want to do twin scroll on this v6

Yes, but with most people running kits using long tube headers then into collectors, the effect of the pulses is reduced. I have mine setup divided, but it was more a function of the turbo and flanges I used then trying to reap the benefits of the twin scroll.

Pte5858 or gtx30r for under 500hp, bw s362 fmw, pte6266 or gtx35r for over 500hp

Ding, ding, ding! This right here. Ran a GTX-30R when I was running between 400-450 whp. Now running a GTX-35R for 550-650 whp. The 30R starting boosting at low 3K RPMs, the 35R at high 3K RPMs.

Back