• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo Chargers on the Market

I know this has probably been discussed, but I understand there are some new kits out there. What kit do you have or have you researched; and found to be a solid set-up? Amount of performance increase? Reliability? Safety to car and user? Cost? Any brand to avoid like the plague? Bell? Cartech?

Thanks

Try Here

Wow, my 500th post! But I will never catch the pro PW's:D

Turbo NSX said:
The Gerry Johnson kit is the only FI system to buy for the NSX.
If you're going to make such a statement, please explain why, what your personal experience is/has been with the system, and with FI in general.

KGP
I have already explained this a couple of previous times and I really do not feel like getting into it again. If anyone would like to know more then feel free to email me or call and I will explain. If you are going to NSXPO and go for a ride. You will get in line to get the turbo kit from Gerry and sell your current FI solution. That is no BS and neither is the performance (unlike other so called kits out there). I will say this....I have driven every flavor of SC and owned one of them, BTW it was the biggest POS I have ever purchased and the worst customer support I have ever experienced. None of the SC's can come even close to the turbo performance or its potential.

Turbo NSX said:
KGP
I have already explained this a couple of previous times and I really do not feel like getting into it again. If anyone would like to know more then feel free to email me or call and I will explain. If you are going to NSXPO and go for a ride. You will get in line to get the turbo kit from Gerry and sell your current FI solution. That is no BS and neither is the performance (unlike other so called kits out there). I will say this....I have driven every flavor of SC and owned one of them, BTW it was the biggest POS I have ever purchased and the worst customer support I have ever experienced. None of the SC's can come even close to the turbo performance or its potential.

Im sure living within driving distance has alot to do with customer support. Just curious as to what Gj turbo setup costs?

Turbo NSX said:
If anyone would like to know more then feel free to email me or call and I will explain.
I sent you a PM about that a few days ago. Don't think you have read it yet, and I don't have your number.

None of the SC's can come even close to the turbo performance or its potential.
I heard that. :D

ktown378 said:
yes, how much DOES the GJ kit cost?
That really depends on what it is you are specifying - this is quite a custom kit so it really depends on what you want/need out of it.
One significant part of the kit, before you even get to any turbo parts is the engine management system from Electromotive - very expensive component but nothing else seems comparable from a "plug & tune" perspective - ask Tunapie how long he has been messing with other alternatives & how long it took to have Gerry tune the TEC3 once he went that route!

Back