• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo NSX Transaxle ???

I'm just curious about what transaxles are in peoples turbo NSXs. And if they are the original transaxles, are they using different gears ? Hardened maybe ? Does any one know anything about the transaxle in Factor X's car..."757rwhp/599ft/lbs @17psi and climbing..." I know some track NSX's use Hewland transaxles and from what I've heard there are supposed to be Adaptor plates to bolt Hewlands right up to the C30As or C32Bs, but I haven't found anything online about this specifically, and not much more about Hewlands in General. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, real information available; just speculation. Can any one help me out ?

I can cryo the axles and it will increase the strenght, but have not tested them in a high HP X. Maybe GJ would send a set to be cryoed and test them out in his beast.

Hey if Gerry doesn't want to do it, I will be more then happy to beat the hell out of them for you...

BTW I hear that Prodrive will make a custom set but get out your check book. I think around 5k. Keep in mind the weak link IMO are the axles and cv joints, If you make them stronger it will move the weak link to the tranny. I can afford to replace an axle or two once in awhile but tranny's are way to expensive. There also doesn't really seem to be any stronger aftermarket parts out there, so any enhancement to the transmission will all be custom.

Last edited:
I do not have a set in stock for you to test, but if you like, send yours up and I will cryo them.

Also we are doing our 2nd full turbo S2K driveline. Everything metal has been cryoed, pistons, crank, oil pump, block, head, turbo, valve train, tranny case and internal gears, axles, ring/pinion, etc. We will put it to the test at 23psi after the motor is broken in, have only 500 miles on it now.

This is a cheap insurance policy for strenghtening and heat disapation.

Visited GJ in person this Monday. Very nice guy. Made the time to meet me at his shop to show me around personally.

He also showed me the actual snapped axle and blown ring & pinion. Looks pretty bad. That was from a third gear roll out demo with boost up around 28psi. GJ figured that it was over 650RWHP at the time. I believe that it may take nothing less than titanium everything to withstand this power for long term abuse. The setup may stand a better chance at 500RWHP level.

Now I'm really itching to send him my car...... :wink:

Best Regards
Paul

2NRWerks.com said:
I can cryo the axles and it will increase the strenght, but have not tested them in a high HP X. Maybe GJ would send a set to be cryoed and test them out in his beast.

Back