• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo sizing and recommendations for a unopened 3.0

Circa 2007...
RB25DET%20manifold%20022.jpg

Cummins Products on another customer's build. The big turbo is a 106mm, the small turbo is around a 60mm. I love diesels:

181581_152632141456498_146390618747317_274244_5683327_n.jpg

I talk to some pretty big wigs in the turbo world.. one guy that never bs's me...

your actualy right about the twin scroll on t-3's... he stated .. if you were Garrett... and needed to create new idea's to keep interest in your products... why not.

like I stated before... I think the 32r could become the new flagship for garrett bb turbo's... they just need to stop talking about it and make the dam thing.

Regards

Glad you know. Now lets have peace. There are some VERY knowledgeable people on this forum, but like most "grown up" forums we don't say much unless asked. Glad to have you doing the posting for us old men.

Cody. The trickery you speak of. Are you using one of those "quick spool" valves like some of the supra guys are using? You do use a single tang set-up on your kits......or atleast did.....and the GTX42R is really a twin scroll turbo. In theory I guess it should work, but I have always been skeptical.

JR

;) Let's just say that I have been asking Cody to try some different things here and there. Problem is, when you start making changes to so many components, the variables add up and it becomes difficult to isolate where a problem or power comes from. My build is somewhat experimental in order to keep me interested. There are a lot of good bolt on options here for a non-built motor. But only a few of us like to use our cars as the acid test.

;) Let's just say that I have been asking Cody to try some different things here and there. Problem is, when you start making changes to so many components, the variables add up and it becomes difficult to isolate where a problem or power comes from. My build is somewhat experimental in order to keep me interested. There are a lot of good bolt on options here for a non-built motor. But only a few of us like to use our cars as the acid test.

OOoooooo secrets. If this really is something new I would be so excited. BUT like everytime someone does this on the forums its always same ole. :rolleyes:

Juice, are you doing something that is actually new?

JR

OOoooooo secrets. If this really is something new I would be so excited. BUT like everytime someone does this on the forums its always same ole. :rolleyes:

Juice, are you doing something that is actually new?

JR

Well, for you JR I will guess that this equates to a :rolleyes:, but for most on here it will probably = :eek::cool:. It is a matter of perspective I guess. Let's just say it is new to this community.

As for CA, I'll worry about it once I have the job. There are some major hurdles there, though.

Well, for you JR I will guess that this equates to a :rolleyes:, but for most on here it will probably = :eek::cool:. It is a matter of perspective I guess. Let's just say it is new to this community.

As for CA, I'll worry about it once I have the job. There are some major hurdles there, though.

Nah Juice, its all new to me....remember we are just a bunch of dummies on this forum that don't know anything.

Now you got to give me credit juice. I suggested the quick spool valve on my other post and then ****WAM**** there is it in you mod list.

Do I win a prize? Or anything?

Hey juice, want to come join me on actually new stuff? I'm experimenting with several guys on Pre-turbo injection. You should see the power we are getting out of little guy turbo's. It pushes there compressor efficiencies way to the right. You can get stupid power out of a small turbo that would usually run out breathe and just start creating heat.....

And get this juice. This will warp your brain. Its an entirely mechanical set-up. Nothing is electrical.....nothing can fail. We use the motors own boost to inject the water.

We are going to start playing around now with injecting alcohol and meth and such.

Anyway I am polluting this thread with my stupidity. You can tell I am still a little butt hurt from STMPO's comments huh? PM me if you want to join in on the mechanical injection fun.

JR

Juice's car is on another level entirely. His car will be announced this spring. He's using a GT42GTX with some trickery. 14psi by 4500rpm with 570+ftlbs on pump gas....so far. :)

The other kit is neither yours nor Prospeeds, Ross. I started to tune the car tonight but found some problems with the previous installation. Back on the lift it goes...

You should probably mention his car is a 3.5L block with a quick spool valve before people think it is black magic, and try and start making those numbers with a 3.0L or 3.2L block Cody.

JR

Nah Juice, its all new to me....remember we are just a bunch of dummies on this forum that don't know anything.

Now you got to give me credit juice. I suggested the quick spool valve on my other post and then ****WAM**** there is it in you mod list.

Do I win a prize? Or anything?

Hey juice, want to come join me on actually new stuff? I'm experimenting with several guys on Pre-turbo injection. You should see the power we are getting out of little guy turbo's. It pushes there compressor efficiencies way to the right. You can get stupid power out of a small turbo that would usually run out breathe and just start creating heat.....

And get this juice. This will warp your brain. Its an entirely mechanical set-up. Nothing is electrical.....nothing can fail. We use the motors own boost to inject the water.

We are going to start playing around now with injecting alcohol and meth and such.

Anyway I am polluting this thread with my stupidity. You can tell I am still a little butt hurt from STMPO's comments huh? PM me if you want to join in on the mechanical injection fun.

JR

I mentioned you lack to pipe in when people are making mistakes... that makes you butt hurt...

adding pre-turbo injection isnt gonna help them either...

and I've screamed small turbos for days... and were the dumbass' making RSTB charge pipes...

simplicity is also a need here...

JR
You get no credit since another source mentioned it to Juice. On the other hand, Cody, let me know when you have some trickery in mind for a 3.2 L motor.
Tim

I wanted to get a turbo for my NSX and at first wanted th AP-X kit so I could install it myself but then thought about prospeed since it wouldn't be to far from me to get it installed and tuned by them. But the spool time in there graph looks like it dosen't hit full boost tell after 4k. Also the power looks good but Im just not sure since alot of people say Dynapak read high. AND now after reading all this not sure what to do so thought I'd post the graph and see if I could get some advice.This would be for a unopened 3.0
Just want the best bang for my buck. It's just when I look at every ones dyno the ap-x and prospeed are almost the same but prospeed is on a dynapak.

ProspeedT_PwrAug09.jpg

ProspeedT_BoostAug09.jpg

I wanted to get a turbo for my NSX and at first wanted th AP-X kit so I could install it myself but then thought about prospeed since it wouldn't be to far from me to get it installed and tuned by them. But the spool time in there graph looks like it dosen't hit full boost tell after 4k. Also the power looks good but Im just not sure since alot of people say Dynapak read high. AND now after reading all this not sure what to do so thought I'd post the graph and see if I could get some advice.This would be for a unopened 3.0
Just want the best bang for my buck. It's just when I look at every ones dyno the ap-x and prospeed are almost the same but prospeed is on a dynapak.

If all that is desired is a quicker spooling turbo then I can easily provide any number of alternate turbochargers with my kit - many of them at little to no additional charge.

Thanks angus I'll keep that in mind. I was more getting confused looking at the dyno #s of prospeed as the first run is only 5psi but making 400hp. So not sure if its cuz of the dynapak used.If so then prospeeds turbo kit wouldn"t look so appealing if it were ran on a different type of dyno.Im trying to understand how it is possible to make more power in lower rpm range when the prospeed turbo dosen't reach full boost tell after 4k.If it boosted faster I would understand. Can someone please help me understand this.

JR
You get no credit since another source mentioned it to Juice. On the other hand, Cody, let me know when you have some trickery in mind for a 3.2 L motor.
Tim

Dangit. So Tim won the price. Ah poo.

JR

Last edited:
Thanks angus I'll keep that in mind. I was more getting confused looking at the dyno #s of prospeed as the first run is only 5psi but making 400hp. So not sure if its cuz of the dynapak used.If so then prospeeds turbo kit wouldn"t look so appealing if it were ran on a different type of dyno.Im trying to understand how it is possible to make more power in lower rpm range when the prospeed turbo dosen't reach full boost tell after 4k.If it boosted faster I would understand. Can someone please help me understand this.

Maybe I can answer this question for you. It is making more power even though in the lower rpm range because it is still boosting. Trust me the power comes on quick in this car. even before 4k its still at 1 lbs 2 lbs 3 lbs etc so that produces power in the lower rpm range. If you look at scorps dyno graph he dynoed on a dynojet and bisi's dynopak and it was pretty close. Our new kit out spools even quicker with the new design.

For the love of God, please don't fall into the trap of placing too much emphasis on dyno charts. I find it rear, if not impossible, to get an apples to apples turbo comparison off of dyno charts. What was the weather like? What elevation were you at? What octane were you using? How was it calibrated? Even from one Dynopak to another it will vary.

The AP-X turbo has been around for a while. PM the owners and ask them how they feel after owning it for a while. Wil will likely hand over phone numbers to his customers. Same for Cody at LoveFab, with his Stage 2 kit. He has plenty on the street at this point, with some of his customers more vocal than others.

Sorry, I am still cautious of ProSpeed after last year's fiasco. I don't know WTF happened there but it was a pretty huge stink. It all got worked out, but I'm not in the know on how many of these kits are actually on the street. It's your car and if ProSpeed is around the corner from you, that will go a long way in assuring that you have help following the install. I simply can't stress that enough! Once you start, you will never truly be done.

For the love of God, please don't fall into the trap of placing too much emphasis on dyno charts. I find it rear, if not impossible, to get an apples to apples turbo comparison off of dyno charts. What was the weather like? What elevation were you at? What octane were you using? How was it calibrated? Even from one Dynopak to another it will vary.

The AP-X turbo has been around for a while. PM the owners and ask them how they feel after owning it for a while. Wil will likely hand over phone numbers to his customers. Same for Cody at LoveFab, with his Stage 2 kit. He has plenty on the street at this point, with some of his customers more vocal than others.

Sorry, I am still cautious of ProSpeed after last year's fiasco. I don't know WTF happened there but it was a pretty huge stink. It all got worked out, but I'm not in the know on how many of these kits are actually on the street. It's your car and if ProSpeed is around the corner from you, that will go a long way in assuring that you have help following the install. I simply can't stress that enough! Once you start, you will never truly be done.

prospeed doesnt have a bunch of kits on the street... yet

but he also doesnt use a turbo designed for 30 lbs to run on 5 lbs... and then there is the twin-scroll open y-pipe flange difference... already mentioned (prospeed has it correct)

Regards

If it is an AP-X…. of anyone on here.. you have t-4 open turbo flanges on the shelf... weld one on for the owner.. it will cost way more for the customer in the future.

Regards

You mean like this?

DSCF0418.jpg

And BTW - the turbo I have is good between 5psi and 22psi.

Last edited:
Very nice work as usual Cody - the exhaust is cool!

400whpgt3076rcomp.jpg

GTX3076R400whp-600whp.jpg

gt3582r400whp-600whp.jpg

just some food for thought.

You mean like this?

And BTW - the turbo I have is good between 5psi and 22psi.

Hybridthry911.....

Since I feel you talked over everyone’s head with your research... excluding all of the brilliant mimes or coarse

and I'm an asshole because I'm not allowed to say... That's f'ing crazy.... to another vendor because I make chassis bars for the NSX...lmao

could you explain how "good at 5 to 22 lbs" would be an island larger than Australia for everyone

Garrett makes flow charts but China doesn’t do research like that….

Back