• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turn/Parking Lamp Assembly Removal

So what should have taken 10 minutes has resulted it this post. The owner's manual says to use a phillips screwdriver and shows the location of the hole in the bumper. Piece of cake. Now after trying to engage the screw holding the assembly with both #1 and #2 screwdrivers in 4, 6 and 8 inch lenghts, I cannot locate the screw!! 30 minutes of trying was way to long. What am I missing?

Loren said:
What am I missing?

Light? :eek:

If you have done it a few times, or are very lucky, you may find it without looking. You need a #2 phillips at leasr 8 inches long and I would slightly raise the front end and get on your back with a flashlight. Once you see where you need to be, it will become very clear (no pun intended)

HTH,
MB

The screw is inside a round white plastic encasement. A flashlight and mirror might be of help finding it. Once you've got it, simply loosen the screw until it drops to the bottom of its white plastic cocoon. The screw will not come out of the car by design. Once you've gotten to this point, carefully pry out the outside edge of the housing. The inside edge is held in place with a spring clip and will easily disengage.

:)

All though this is no help to you, I remember it being a royal PITFA to do (the first time). Good luck.

Mahalo,
Scott

Back