• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tuvie RA-X Concept

Honda RA-X is the latest concept sportscar inspired by the beginning of motorsport competition during the 60s and hence was named as RA similar with the first F1 cars in distinctive white and yellow colors. This two-seater concept car comprises MR engine and back transmission with a capacity of over 350 hp, while the position of the exhaust pipes positively reminds the RA300 F1. The design features innovative smooth crossing lines in the surface that forms a theoretical X. The car’s engine can be seen through a glass and predominates at the back side of the engine vent with optical technology-led groups forming a triangular shape. The inlets are merged with optical groups on the front and the dimensions of the car are: length 4050 x height 1163 x 1940 Wide.

http://www.tuvie.com/honda-ra-x-two-seater-concept-sportscar/#more-4359

honda-ra-x-concept-car5.jpg

honda-ra-x-concept-car1.jpg

honda-ra-x-concept-car4.jpg

honda-ra-x-concept-car3.jpg

It looks like a 4th generation R8 has come back from the future to warn us that Honda is going to take over Audi.

I don't know but for some reason I kind of like this concept. The front has an very aggressive but subtle sleek look. The rear looks beefy like it's trying to say f*** off I'll kill you. If they update the rear to be a little less aggressive i think they could be on to something here. Also if they make the top of the car look a little less skyline like would be good too.

Last edited:
It ain't pretty but the styling and proportions are aggressive.

It is a step in the right direction compared to the Front Engined V10 successor.

Finally there's something worth to read from Honda. :biggrin:

Well! Compare to the ASC and those front engined stuff, i could much prefer this one. If Honda is going to sell this car for $150K (with 500hp+), i will buy one. Yes, Honda, you got my post. :biggrin:

Like the Mid-engine concept...like the front end, the rear end, sides need a tab bit of work...but its a concept...if they pust to put it into production I am sure they will tweek it more. Got my attention...

this one seems to have a lot of the same lines as the HSC, especially the back fenders.

While not the most beautiful car, it's better than the ASC by a light year. I liked the HSC but I think it was more of an evolutionary change. this one is more of a revolutionary design. very different and exotic looking.

if they can clean things up a bit it could be a head turner. of course, the mid engine design is key too.

Hmm no complaints that they're saying 350+hp??? If that's the case then they're definitely referring to the J series engine.

No mention of SHAWD in this but surely thats what Honda would use for cost savings. Question is would they be willing to invest in a whole new platform for this car.

Not that bad, definitely way better than the ASCC. Something between this and the HSC and now we're talking. The most important thing, MR. :biggrin:

Here it is in black.
Honda%2BRA-X%2Bby%2BXuacu%2BPerez%2B08.jpg

Last edited:
noticed something, It won't have the same veiw the NSX had...hmmmm...have to fix that.

Another observation: If there is a trunk in this thing, it must be up front. This goes against the "set of golf clubs" principle set for Acuras.

My guess is that this is a compromise between the NSX and S2000.

Nice compromise if you ask me..........

Looks like a kit car. Or maybe a car built for a late 70's scifi movie, built over some cheap frame, like a beetle or something.

It's not actually ugly, but I certainly can't say it's beautiful.

On the other hand, it's miles better than the ascc, but that's not hard.

Looks like a kit car. Or maybe a car built for a late 70's scifi movie, built over some cheap frame, like a beetle or something.

It's not actually ugly, but I certainly can't say it's beautiful.

On the other hand, it's miles better than the ascc, but that's not hard.

common sense would say it's not hard but for Honda, it's been frustratingly hard. lol.

Back